Senior Power BI Developer
Would you like to help major Nordic organizations to deliver large scale data solutions that enable them to unlock real value through advanced analytics and data visualization tools? Our clients need data, insights and visuals in order to make better data-driven decisions. Join our fast-growing Insights & Data practice to develop your consulting skills and break the boundaries with your Power BI skills.
Join us at the heart of Insights & Data
At Capgemini, we deliver end-to-end solutions within all areas of IT and advanced analytics to help solve major challenges for our clients in the private and public sector. The Insights & Data practice is focused on creating cutting-edge machine learning, AI and BI solutions that run on top of reliable, scalable and high-performing Big Data platforms on-premise and in the cloud.
As a member of our Insights & Data practice, you will be part of a global network of experts and work to design and deliver advanced analytics solutions and advisory to our clients. Collaborating with our data scientists, data engineers, delivery leads and subject matter experts you will:
- Stay at the forefront of business intelligence and become a trusted advisor to our clients by consulting on feasibility, opportunities and challenges within Power BI and advanced analytics
- Design project plans for all phases of the Power BI solution lifecycle, from architecting roadmaps and technology selections, to development, testing and deployment
- Work hands-on to build key components for both proof-of-concepts and production implementation projects
- Establish data models suitable for Power BI and ensure the ability to deliver end-to-end reporting - from data collection to dashboard creation
- Develop ETL solutions, BI data models, and standard reporting processes
- Contribute software designs, code, tooling, testing, and operational support to multi-terabyte BI data platforms
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Hire, mentor and grow your own team of BI developers to successfully execute on advanced analytics projects.
Be a technical lead in the BI area of our fast growing team
'Our division is one year old. We have great ambitions for it, and we are growing very fast! Joining us now, means that you will become a part of fast paced and growing team, and step into the role as a founder and technical lead in the BI area. As such, you will have the opportunity to shape the practice as you help it grow.' says Mathias Pedersen, Head of Insights & Data.
Skills and requirements
We are looking for an experienced Power BI developer who can lead the buildout of this capability area - both in generating demand by participating in sales, as well as growing the team by attracting talented BI developers.
- A degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering) with rock-solid knowledge of statistics and programming fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Power BI technologies
- Experience creating and implementing reports
- Solid practical knowledge of Azure
- Solid experience with SQL: queries, stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel and work in the Nordics, with travels up to 60% of your time
- Solid engineering or consulting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, monitoring of data quality in the cloud, data warehouses (cloud and classic/on-prem).
Nice to have:
- Experience working other data visualization tools, such as Qlikview, Looker, Tableau, Oracle BI
- Practical knowledge of AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with Big Data and competence within data modelling languages (Python, R, etc..)
- Cloud-based DevOps
- Relational database design
- Experience with any distributed map/reduce framework, in Hadoop or otherwise
- Experience in database administration
- Danish, Swedish or Norwegian language skills.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Insights & Data Mathias Pedersen on email@example.com.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.