Frontend developer for DSV Innovation Hub
Would you like to create value by developing innovative IT solutions for the future transport industry?
And would you thrive in an innovation hub where experimentation, proof of concept, pilot projects and new technology such as internet of things and artificial intelligence/machine learning?
Then we offer you a position in one of the world’s largest transportation companies, with global operation and opportunities to make huge impact.
Become part of our Digital Innovation team
Step into our Digital Innovation team in Hedehusene, Denmark. Here, you will join a small team of colleagues dedicated to creating the future within transportation solutions. We’re developers, data scientists, designers, and business people, who all have a passion for creating new and better solutions. With full support from top management, we are the technological spearhead in the organisation, trying out ideas for new digital solutions in collaboration with the rest of the business. And as we avoid spending time working out all the little details, we build first versions from scratch quite quickly.
Build new applications from scratch
Working on one or more projects at a time, you test and create prototypes for new digital solutions with the aim of creating value and drive our business into the future.
Focusing on keeping a steady, fast-developing pace rather than diving into every little detail, you will:
- Design and develop new, functional end-to-end applications together with your colleagues
- Take the lead responsibility to develop the frontend of new applications
- Develop a proof of concepts and prototypes
- Collaborate with a team of specialists on each project
Frontend developer with a holistic view of software
You are known as a well-rounded developer, not too specialised, but enough to wrap your head around more specialised concepts when needed, e.g. when building an application that includes machine learning.
The innovation hub is made to move fast and change direction when needed, so it is important that you quickly understand new challenges. Also, you succeed in striking a balance between challenging the organisation with new applications and accepting the structures we cannot change.
We imagine that you:
- Have a couple of years of relevant work experience or a relevant education or both
- Know how to use a version control system (Git or similar)
- Is capable of testing and debugging code
- Know how to use browser developer tools and command line
- Can show examples of prior work
- Speak and write English effortlessly
It’s a benefit if you also:
- Have experience with JS Library or Framework (AngularJS, ReactJS, Vue, etc...)
- Have experience with building, automation tool (WebPack, Grunt, Gulp, etc...)
- Have experience with Azure
- Have a good understanding of backend technologies like Java and C#
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your possibilities in DSV. You are welcome to call Thomas Prinds Meyer on +45 2237 2690.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link as soon as possible. We will process applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com