Product Support Engineer
Spectralink provides best-in-class enterprise wireless communication solutions that enable mobile workers like nurses, warehouse staff and big store sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the world. Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobile workers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission to provide the best possible enterprise mobile experience for our customers.
About the position
Our mission is to provide our customers with the best possible enterprise mobility experience in the industry. As part of the Product Support team for our Wi-Fi and DECT products, you’ll serve as a point of escalation, via phone or email, for complex technical issues reported by all our customers. Our customers include end users, distributors or resellers, application partners, internal technical sales group, and some in-house support. This is a Tier 3 to Tier 4 support position. You’ll use your extensive knowledge of data networking and wireless technologies, to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that prevent our products from working in various environments.
If your customer service skills are as good as your technical skills, we’d love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide remote and on-site support to Spectralink customers across EMEA. Your primary place of work will be at our office in Horsens with occasion travel to customers
- Investigate customer issues, collect detailed data including wired and wireless packet captures, log file data, and syslog data to be analyzed, to identify and resolve customer issues
- Work with customer and internal technical resources to identify all contributing factors to technical and application integration issues being reported with Spectralink products
- Support the installation and ongoing maintenance of the Spectralink device with call servers by analyzing and resolving issues related to messaging between products
- Work customer issues to resolution via Technical Support ticket queue, emails are the primary source of customer interaction
- Participate in after hours on-call support on a rotational basis
- Use your experience of wireless LAN interoperability to be able to ensure Spectralink products are configured correctly to work properly in a wireless environment
- Ability to travel to customer sites 15-20 % of the time on short notice and potentially for extended periods of time
- Work hours might be irregular when deployed to a customer site
- Data Technician, IT Supporter or equivalent educational background
- 3 or more years of network/telephony experience
- Experience with most of these SIP protocol, TCP/IP, Networking, Ethernet (802.3), routing, switching, multicast technologies, WLAN (802.11a/b/g/n) technologies, packet captures and analysis both wired and wireless, QoS, WAN, Wireshark, OmniPeek
- Ability to interact and provide excellent customer service/experiences both remotely and on-site with Spectralink customers across EMEA
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. English will be primary language when communicating to customers.
- Driver’s license (B)
Nice to haves:
- CCNA, CWNA, or higher certifications
- Experience with DECT
- VMware, server administrator for Windows and Linux
- Android experience
- German, French or Spanish language skills
If this position sounds like a great fit for your background and experience, please apply directly. If this is not you, then please share with someone you think could be a potential match!
For more information about our company and people please use this link.