Senior IT networking specialist
Strong Senior IT Networking Specialist - Copenhagen or Aalborg
Does being responsible for the critical IT Network and Infrastructure, in a company with 70 sites scattered throughout Denmark and Norway, sounds like an exciting opportunity for you? Then you might just be the new colleague we are looking for in Aalborg Portland’s international IT department.
Aalborg Portland and it’s Italian mother company, Cementir Holding, are heavily reliant on a stable wired and cellular network for their business; to deliver and produce cement and concrete on decentralized sites. Working as a central piece of the small, experienced IT team in Denmark (Copenhagen or Aalborg), we are looking for an IT Network Specialist to take primary responsibility for the Scandinavian sites, but also to collaborate with colleagues throughout the world to deliver the best IT Infrastructure on a global level.
The IT team in Aalborg Portland consists of 8 skilled, experienced and independent colleagues, which care for each other and provide a good and supportive environment. The team covers a wide range of tasks covering a broadly in both geographical and professional aspects. As such, being part of IT in Aalborg Portland also encompass the global Cementir Holding organization, where collaboration and coordination with colleagues throughout the world and partaking in international assignments is part of the everyday work.
The role of the Senior IT Networking Specialist
The goal of the Senior IT Networking Specialist is to support the operation and deployment of the Corporate infrastructure, harmonizing the framework and manage the support service provided.
The objectives for the position is to:
- Optimize Networking (SDWAN, MPLS, Network Security Management, LAN Management, IP Phone systems) concerning both Aalborg Portland and the whole Cementir Group, cooperating with the IT team.
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects in the Networking area; Participate in the estimation, planning, mobilization, execution and successful closure of projects.
- Help provide excellent support, comply with the corporate procedures, the SLA and the best practices identified (ITIL/COBIT).
Moreover, the position will be working locally to address the main issues in the Nordic & Baltic region, helping the Local and Corporate team in ensuring system and network performances.
Specifically, the Senior IT Networking Specialist is responsible for:
- Contribute to the definition and development of Group Networking strategy in cooperation with Networking & UCC Leader and Head of I&O
- Manage the support on SDWAN, MPLS, Network Security Management, LAN Management, IP Phone systems
- Cooperate on the prioritization of projects within Networking
- Ensures accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Join and contribute to projects as project team lead, member or supporter depending on the specific project
- Mobilize local resources to provide support on Corporate projects
- Provide support in Nordic & Baltic Help Desk
- Manage DK Network, LAN/WAN and help in related issues technical & security issues
Expected skills and experience
Where you have acquired your skills is of less importance, although we expect you to be up to date on the development and best practices within networking, and you have a proven track-record of applying and conforming to these.
It is essential that you:
- Possess a superior knowledge of Networking (WAN/LAN/Security)
- Have Participated and possibly lead projects concerning the deployment of a WAN (based upon MPLS or SDWAN)
- On hands knowledge of Cisco technology, possibly certified
- Worked on UCC environment (Videoconferences integrated with other tools and systems)
- Hand on knowledge of IP Phone Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- Technical skills in O365, AD, deploying and supporting Microsoft Solutions
We further imagine the ideal candidate to be able to check most of these points:
- Good knowledge of cloud server management
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive change in the unstructured environment
- Customer-oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Project planning/ management knowledge
- Knowledge of Social Collaboration tools
- Experience working with external vendors and consultants
- Hands-on in Group Policy ManagementYears of Experience: 5+ years of experience within IT and deploying Microsoft Solutions projects
It is further a requirement that you are fluent in English. Danish language skills are considered an advantage but are not required.
We imagine you hold a bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field preferred, but not required.
You must be available to travel up to 10% of the time. Some off-shift work will be necessary to support project implementation, application changes and/or conversions that are required to be done during hours that do not impact normal business operation. Typically, these are scheduled at night and/or weekends.
How to apply
If you want to learn more about the position please contact Jonas Johannsen at + 45 40160505. The application deadline is 17.2.2020, please indicate your preferred workplace - Copenhagen or Ålborg - in the application. Please apply in English.
In Aalborg Portland, you are a part of a market leader within cement and concrete – the most fundamental building material in the world. Aalborg Portland is regionally headquartered in Denmark and has with our Italian mother company, Cementir Holding, activities throughout Scandinavia, Europe, the Middle- and the Far East as well as the USA. We have used our strength to position the company as a global leader within white cement, and continually expand within our core areas.