Business analyst Capital Markets area
Do you want to be a key person for providing a premium IT capital markets solution for larger and highly ambitious banks in Denmark? If yes, then as a business analyst at BEC you can take full advantage of your drive, your analytical skills and insights into capital market products and IT and lead you and your team to provide IT capital market solutions.
We are three teams in BEC working in the capital markets area and we are ambitious on the Capital Markets platform for BEC banks. To do that we are using the Calypso software. To achieve our ambitions, we still need more aspiring, capable and experienced business analysts and further, we need a replacement for one of our BA's who is moving into a new role.
You bring the customers' needs to the table and help design solutions
Bring your bright mind and knowledge on IT and capital markets fully to use - be driving force as a business analyst to the Calypso team in our Capital Markets area. As a business analyst in capital markets, you will, be working in an agile team to lift the existing capital markets solution. The Calypso teams minister the solution for the banks to
- an STP solution for trade capture and settlement of FX, MM, futures, options and derivatives
- a prompt market risk solution and strong solution for counterparty risk
- solution for both reporting and being the basis for regulatory reporting on EMIR, MiFID, SFTR and more.
The next deliveries and projects for your team are:
- implement Calypso software version 16.1 in 16 banks during 2020
- SFTR reporting
- support banks to use Calypso and new functionality as Calypso Front Office Workstation
- implement regulatory requirements like FRTB into the platform
- extend the platform from back-office and middle-office oriented to a cross-asset front to back solution.
As part of your role, you will:
- be in dialogue with the capital markets areas of our member banks to specify, describe and participate in creating the solutions with the rest of your team
- ensure that quality of the designed and created solutions are adequate for being released using the automated test, functional tests, demos and reviews
- handle alerts and incidents and find the root cause, solutions and mitigating actions
- participate in agile events in a SAFe® context, including program increment planning, demos, planning, retrospectives and daily scrum.
As a person you are analytical, and you are known to deliver results and meet expectations. It is essential, that you do not hesitate to initiate actions when needed. You are good at working with people in a team, and you handle pressure and encounter adversity using your expertise. You can be a superuser of nearly all kind of software and you can adapt this knowledge into solutions to our customers.
We expect that you:
- have experience from a financial institution working form within capital markets
- have experience working with the IT side of capital markets. Working with Calypso software or equivalent will be an advantage
- have experience with the financial instruments e.g. FX, MM, futures, options or other derivatives
- hold a master's degree in finance or mathematics or have an experience that can substitute this
- have written and oral communication skills in English and possibly also in Danish
- have a will to learn what you do not already know and take advantage of your capable colleagues
Who are we?
The three Calypso teams which you will be a part of are proudly working with the Calypso software as the Capital Markets platform to support our banks trading and settlement facilities. Furthermore, Calypso is used for market risk handling and the basis for reporting. The Calypso platform is a Java-based platform.
You will get +30 skilled and dedicated colleagues in the teams working on the development and maintenance of the platform. They are all service minded and provides high customer satisfaction in this demanding area. We are comfortable in the agile setup and you will meet colleagues who are willing to offer the training you need to get you on top of things to complement the external training you need to attend.
Do you see yourself as part of BEC and the ambitions for Capital Markets teams?
Then please send your application and cv no later than February 28. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact department manager Bjarne Jacobsen at +45 6162 7598 or development director Bent-Ove Bjørn at +45 4084 6285. Interviews are to be held in Danish or English if relevant for you. Please contact us as soon as possible as interviews are held as candidates show interest.