Are you interested in developing cutting edge eLearning solutions that can make a difference and help save lives? Come join our Applications Team at Laerdal Copenhagen!
The Applications team is a band of motivated players who work on a range of projects with different complexities and technical challenges. We are charged with implementing and testing complex digital learning solutions, keeping up with continuous deployment schedules and releases. Each day brings a new set of fun challenges.
As a Software Developer, you will collaborate closely with other members of the software development team, including testers, product owners, learning specialists, designers and scrum masters, to implement solutions with a high bar of quality and performance while ensuring all deadlines are met.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
- Use your programming skills to create lifesaving digital learning solutions.
- Implement new deliverables collaborating as part of a scrum team.
- Help the core teams (product owner, designer and medical/learning specialist) envision new solutions by prototyping innovative concepts.
- Troubleshoot, find root causes and fix existing product issues.
- Communicate frequently and clearly with the development team regarding project status, challenges, hiccups, and milestones.
- Estimate and plan development efforts.
- Represent the development team at relevant meetings.
Your education and experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of development experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience working as part of a scrum team.
- Rich experience in one or more OO programming languages.
- Experience programming User Interfaces.
- Might have some experience with continuous delivery/release pipeline processes.
- Experience within the gaming industry (Unity3D game engine, fundamentals of 3D design and development) is a plus.
- Being familiar with Haxe is a plus.
- Previous experience building accessible web solutions (WCAG) is a plus.
- You are passionate about software development and able to have fun with it. A casual, open and fun work environment is important for you.
- As a person, you are proactive, self-motivated and have a can-do attitude. You take challenges as an instrument of growth and you can adapt to change easily. You are also able to influence people around you and drive change.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills. You are able to listen to your colleagues and also verbalize to others what is on your mind, adapting to different audiences depending on the situation. You have a good sense for when issues need to be escalated. You can speak and write English fluently due to our collaboration with international offices and partners.
Who are we?
Laerdal Medical is a world-leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives.
Laerdal Copenhagen is the center of excellence for Laerdal's digital learning solutions. With a unique mix of talents - ranging from medical doctors and user experience designers to software engineers and talents from the video game industry - we work with international partners to develop cutting edge e-learning solutions that help save lives. More than a million healthcare providers use our eLearning products each year, and we intend to increase the number of our users significantly over the coming years.
We are highly respected for our products and this gives us the opportunity to change how Life Support and First Aid education is delivered in the future. This means applying new platforms, the latest technologies, and innovative solutions to our challenges.
Laerdal Medical offers a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company-sponsored social activities and perks.
Please note, that we will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis.