Software Test Architect
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Loads and Control department in Offshore Technology, we are looking for a Software Test Architect to strengthen the Turbine Control team. With the high-level aim of minimizing the cost of energy produced by our wind turbines, the team is responsible for the development and application of control functionalities as part of the wind turbine controller and the related tool chain.
How to contribute to our vision
As a Software Test Architect, you will be part of a dynamic team of 20+ committed control and software engineers, where you will play a key role in ensuring that wind turbine control solutions and products can be integrated into our product platforms efficiently and with the right level of quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership of review, verification, and integration workflows and architecture
- Defining and coordinating activities related to the owned workflows
- Automized build and test procedures as part of quarterly SW releases
- Quality-analysis reporting (defining KPI’s, regular reporting and driving continuous improvement)
- Deployment and integration support as part of quarterly releases
- Continuous alignment with vendors and ensuring state of the art on V&V activities
- The acceptance of external tool upgrades, to obtain confidence in the toolchain and test environment
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for someone who:
- Holds a software, computer-science, or other relevant engineering degree
- Has an architectural skill-set and might have a background as SW architect
- Has experience with unit- and integration testing
- Has experience with continuous-integration pipelines, e.g. GitLab, Jenkins or Artifactory or the willingness to learn
- Has experience with Matlab/Simulink, C++ and/or Python programming or the willingness to learn
- Preferably has experience with control systems development or physical systems modeling
- Has cooperation skills (multiple locations, multiple disciplines, multiple nationalities)
- Is proactive, structured, and takes responsibility
- Is outgoing and have a result-orientated approach to your work
- Has excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Michael L. Hansen via phone +45 24 69 03 90.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.