Experienced C# Developer with Data Experience
Are you interested in working with software development and building a data platform as a foundation for analytics for a growing international business? Do you want to be part of an experienced, competent and agile development team? Do you understand the importance of data availability and trustworthiness? Then we welcome you as our new experienced developer in our Asset Planning Scrum Team.
Your role in the organization
In this role you will be part of a Scrum Team that develops and maintains platforms and tools for making data available to data scientists, meteorologists and traders in the business. In the team we work closely with various business teams in collaboration with the Product Owner for our system portfolio. You will experience a varied work day, with a very short distance from development to production. You will be working with modern technologies together with more than 60 skilled IT colleagues.
“Within the field of Software Developer, this is a challenging and versatile position. You will be working with new technologies and different tasks, that will challenge you and develop your skill set” says team lead in IT Development Peter Vestergaard.
Working at Centrica IT Development
At Centrica we recognize that a career in Software Development requires continuous learning. We engage our employees in Guilds driving both technical innovation, process improvements and social activities. Our Skills Guild drive learning activities such as Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions, and our Social and Work Life Guild drive frequent social events such as Department Events, Friday Bars etc. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities – here LAN Parties are a good example – bringing in people from the entire Aalborg office.
You are a match for the position if
- You have a relevant education within computer science
- You have a passion for delivering high quality software solutions
- You like close collaboration with internal customers on all phases of a products life cycle
- You are an experienced C# developer – well versed in IOC, SOLID etc.
- You have worked with large databases either in MSSQL server or other database platforms
- You like to explore new technologies and continuously expand your skill set
Besides that, it would be an advantage if you are familiar with one or more of
- GitLab, Jenkins and Octopus
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- AWS - S3, Kubernetes and MongoDB etc.
- WPF / MVVM
- Serilog, Elastic Search and Kibana
- Unit Testing and Automated testing in general
As a Senior Developer we expect that you – based on previous experiences – will take part in
- Proactively developing the team and the team processes
- Act as a role model in the team, and help develop the team’s competencies
- Influence the solution architecture and ensure a high level of quality in the solutions
Are you still interested?
If so, please apply for the position using the “Apply online” button.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Centrica Energy Trading is an international energy asset management company that provides physical and financial optimization of renewable and conventional energy assets operating on energy markets in Europe.