Senior Android Developer for Consumer Applications
Do you want to make your mark on our consumer apps used by 2+ million customers worldwide? And would you like to influence technological development and set the stage?
Welcome to GN Audio – home of Jabra
At GN Audio, we lead major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions under the Jabra brand. Constantly growing, evolving and pushing for innovation, we have created the world’s first ultra noise-cancelling microphone, the first Bluetooth headset and the first sports headphones with an integrated heart-rate monitor – just to name a few.
To ensure the best experience when using Jabra products, we work to develop innovative, well-crafted and agile mobile apps. As a part of the mobile apps team in our headquarters in Ballerup, you join product owners, Scrum masters, user experience designers and fellow developers in our mission to develop and maintain mobile apps for our entire consumer product portfolio – and revolutionize them too.
“This is a great time to enter our world and take part in defining apps for our headsets. And when Jabra expands with video solutions, you will also be key to developing apps for those products. This is uncharted territory for us, so this is when your creativity and ideas really come into play,” says Kim Ørsted Nielsen, Head of Digital Experiences in R&D.
Be a dedicated Android expert
As a senior Android developer, you will take on the role of advisor, mentor and development expert. You will partake in the entire app development from early design to implementation. For most mobile projects, you will work together with other mobile developers in the team, and you will actively contribute with your knowledge to ensure the right direction.
Specifically, you will:
- Partake in discussions and reviews of user experience and software designs, finding the right solutions and structuring the codes, with consideration of needs and requirements
- Oversee programming processes and provide support to developers when needed
- Implement new software
- Take necessary action in case of issues
- Provide recommendations and advice to other developers on other software projects
- Possess great knowledge of user interface programming, code reviewing, continuous delivery, regression test suites and Android – knowledge of Android, Java, Kotlin, Android development tools and design patterns
- Speak and write fluent English?
Experienced developer with a knack for inspiring others
Being confident in your expertise, you are driven to share your ideas and recommendations with colleagues, clients and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the right mobile solutions. You are happy to help others with problem-solving and lend a hand with programming when needed.
- Possess some years of native programming experience on Android
- Significant programming experience with Java and Kotlin
- Are experienced with mobile software development, pattern design and coding, code reviewing, continuous delivery, regression testing, system integration and working with Git and Android development tools
- Speak and write fluent English?
What? ?GN ?offers:
- A team of dedicated colleagues
- Excellent development and learning opportunities in an open work environment
- The opportunity to have an impact and influence on the projects you are working on
- Last but not least - a healthy work-life balance is highly prioritized at GN.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, click on "Apply now".
Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Human Point is a recruitment partner in this position. If you have any questions about the position, you are very welcome to contact Mia Boldsen Müller, CEO, Human Point, on +45 2866 3943.
For the purpose of processing your job application, Human Point will process your personal data. We encourage you not to provide us with sensitive information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information or sexual orientation) about yourself.
The GN Group is a global leader in intelligent audio solutions that let you hear more, do more and be more than you ever thought possible. Our ambitious 150-year journey has taken us from telegraph cables to radio waves and intelligent audio engineering. To celebrate our anniversary, we look to our unique competences within medical, professional and consumer audio solutions to help us continue to transform lives through the power of sound.
GN was founded with a truly innovative and global mindset. Today, we honor that legacy with world-leading expertise in the human ear, sound, wireless technology, miniaturization and collaborations with leading technology partners. GN's solutions are marketed by the brands ReSound, Beltone, Interton, Jabra and BlueParrott in 100 countries. Founded in 1869, the GN Group employs more than 6,000 people and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (GN.CO).
Visit our homepage GN.com – and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.