Head of Business & Innovation
We are seeking a Head of Business & Innovation who will be responsible for the innovation pipeline, the product vision and strategy to continuously refine and align our focus toward product-market fit, supporting our high growth scaling business unit. You will set the pace and direction for the product teams. Given your experience as a product leader, you must also be able to foresee sizable business, operational and technical risks well before they arise to ensure minimum impact on the deliverability of our product and our business.
As the Head of Business & Innovation in FOSS DIGITAL BUSINESS, you will be responsible for innovating and developing the portfolio of leading analytical solutions for the global FOOD and AGRI industry delivering trust, quality, and insights to our customers.
What You Will Do
- Create, deliver and capture business value through product innovation
- Build and lead the product team beyond MVP to find product-market fit
- Provide goals, structure, mentoring and inspiration to all team members
- Ensure the use of best practices in the development delivery of digital solutions
- Make build versus buy decisions
- Develop business cases and operating plans
- Create, manage and track budgets and work plans
- Work closely with the DIGITAL BUSINESS technology and sales leadership in order to ensure successful Proof of Concepts and optimal roadmaps for future development
- Work with ecosystem partners, internal stakeholders and customers
- Ensure training content are created for customers and employees
- Coordinate with HW business to align common solution roadmaps where applicable
- Lead a growing team of +10 innovators, product managers and calibration analytics developers
- Experience launching and scaling multiple successful digital businesses globally
- Experience in developing complex digital business models for B2B products
- Experience in uncovering new significant pains in the market by creative thinking, challenging the status quo and customer interaction
- Solid theoretical knowledge and experience with developing advanced analytics software products (mathematical modeling, ML, ANN, signal/image analysis)
- Exposure to Food or Agri industries is ideal
- Exposure to tech within traceability, payments, trading, quality management, data visualization.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Background in business or a technical discipline with flair for the other
- Technical hands-on experience in product management and/or design
- Good understanding of agile development methodologies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively under uncertainty and pressure
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders through clear and concise written and verbal communication
About FOSS DIGITAL BUSINESS
FOSS DIGITAL BUSINESS is a separate business unit with responsibility for the full digital value chain including innovation, development, operations and marketing. Our purpose is to deliver high value and innovative digital solution feeding the global food value chains with data-driven TRUST, QUALITY and INSIGHTS. Our current portfolio includes both products and SaaS and PaaS services, such as global instrument fleet management solutions, advanced preventive monitoring services, API services and calibration analytics development suite. We are currently located in Hillerød Denmark, with employees in ASIA and the US.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimize production, from raw material to finished product.
Our analyses turn measurement into information. Information, which businesses use to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. We help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, and scale their business faster, smarter and better. We call it SmartAnalytics™. Today around 50% of the value we create in FOSS is coming from software.
FOSS is family-owned and was founded in Hillerød by Nils Foss in 1956. We are a global company, presently in 33 countries and our products and services sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.
“Feeding global food chains with TRUST, QUALITY & INSIGHTS”
If you want to hear more about the position, please contact Senior Vice President Rasmus Blom on +45 27616972 for further more information about the opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible but no later than 31th of March 2020. We are interviewing on a continuous basis.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.