Senior Platform Engineer for Enterprise Platform Engineering
Saxo Bank is an award-winning global market leader in multi-product online trading, and a fully licensed and regulated European bank. We are leading fintech and regtech specialists, connecting traders, investors and partners to more than 35,000 instruments – across all asset classes – from a single account. We build digital platforms to facilitate multi-asset market access and provide clients of all sizes with professional-grade tools, industry-leading prices and best-in-class service.
Our in-house designed and built Saxo Bank trading system handles:
- Over 25,000 concurrent online trading clients 24 hours per day/5,5 trading days per week
- More than 160,000 unique monthly users to our social trading portal
- In excess of 400,000 price feed updates per second
- Intraday execution and booking of up to 2000 trades per second
- Over 1,000,000 trade transactions processed daily
- Front Office Risk Management and
- Automated Market Making
About Enterprise Platform Engineering
In Saxo Bank we have started a transformation of every aspect of how we deliver IT. We are building a new platform to enable our development teams to independently develop, release and operate microservices with minimal friction from commit to production. The platform will combine the best open source and commercial products to offer services such as container orchestration with Kubernetes, event streaming backed by Kafka, and monitoring and observability backed by ElasticSearch.
To help accomplish this we have established the new IT Enterprise Platform Engineering (EPE) organization, which combines expertise in infrastructure, cloud, data engineering and software engineering. EPE has approximately 100 skilled IT employees in Denmark (Hellerup), Netherlands (Amsterdam) and India (Delhi).
We are looking for a talented engineer to help build our next generation Monitoring and Observability platform.
You will be part of a 6-8 person team working on building a fully automated solution for collecting application and infrastructure telemetry in the form of logs, metrics and traces to a central data store, and making that data available to people and other systems, be it developers, operators, alerting- and service management systems or machine learning jobs.
We have chosen the Elastic Stack as the core technology to underpin the platform, and we might combine it with other tools, and build API's and integrations around it to provide a coherent, self-service, observability platform to our development teams, operators and other stakeholders.
The team is also responsible for running our platform, so you will help build automation to operate the ElasticSearch clusters, as well as the other systems we operate, with minimal effort.
We are looking for:
Solid experience with the Elastic Stack. This includes:
- Operational aspects, such as managing data, scaling, patching and performance tuning clusters.
- Using the API's to automate tasks, access data and build integrations.
- Exploring and visualizing data in Kibana.
- Experience with using Elastic for the Monitoring & Obervability use case.
It would be a plus if you also bring experience and perspective from working with
- alternative technologies or products within the space of infrastructure or application monitoring and observability.
- other distributed data systems such as Kafka.
Strong experience with software development languages, tools and practices:
- Developing Applications, Api's or system integrations in languages such as C#, Python or Go. We mainly use C#.
- Automation using scripting languages such as Powershell.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools, such as Azure DevOps.
As a bonus, you have good knowledge of modern cloud and infrastructure technology and practices:
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- One or more of the major cloud providers. We use Azure.
- Infrastructure as code technologies, such as Ansible or Terraform.
On a personal level you:
- Have good collaboration skills - a team player.
- Solid rational problem-solving skills.
- Have a mindset for continuous improvement and learning.
- Thrive in a dynamic and fun engineering-oriented work environment.
Less experienced candidates with the right mindset and willingness to learn are also of interest to us.
TEL: +45 39774190
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading Danish multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies. For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services and trading technology.
Saxo’s award-winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.
As a bank offering fully digitalised solutions for self-trading, advisory and discretionary services, Saxo is continuously at the forefront of innovation, meaning that clients benefit from proven technology. 600 IT developers and 150 back-office resources develop and deliver Saxo’s solution for the benefit of clients. Outsourcing solutions support the full-service value chain.