BI cloud developer with Microsoft Azure experience
Are you passionate about cloud development and data warehousing? And would you like to bring your former development experience from a BI & Analytics department into play to enable our customers to have best-in-class tools within BI & Analytics? Then it might be you we are looking for.
You will get hands-on the implementation of new BI & Analytics platform
As a BI cloud developer, you will be part of a team that is implementing the new BI & Analytics platform. You will take part in decision making on the future tooling, and methods for data modelling and you will be implementing a cloud data warehouse. The future data warehouse will be Microsoft Synapse Analytics which will be implemented on Microsoft Azure infrastructure. Upon implementation of the Azure infrastructure foundation, the team will implement the data warehouse (including data staging area, and EDW), after which migration of current BI solutions from current on-premise platform to the new cloud platform will take place. You will be developing, scripting and testing components, together with implementing a new EDW layer on the new platform in collaboration with the CUBIA (cloud-enabled-user-centred BI & Analytics) team members. Furthermore, you will be taking part in integrating existing reporting tools, SAP Business Objects, SAS, as well as a new tool: PowerBI.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- implementing a new cloud data warehouse
- preparing and conducting training sessions for internal developers at BEC as well as external with BEC's customers
- deciding on new tools and conduct proof of concepts
- ensure the integration of PowerBI into existing architecture
- describe best-practices for development in a cloud context
- assist and guide developers in other areas of BEC
- write handbooks and prepare material for the roll-out
As a person, you are skilled communicator that feels comfortable sharing your knowledge with your colleagues and stakeholders on all organizational levels. You are a practitioner and are motivated by taking an active part in implementation tasks, which could be data modelling tasks, or scripting. You are a team player with the ability to cope with pressures and setbacks.
We expect you to have:
- a master's degree within IT, Biology, Physics or similar
- previous experience with BI & Analytics and data modelling
- high English skills on a professional level, both written and oral
- recent Microsoft foundation / Microsoft architecture courses / PowerBI courses / EDW or Data vault courses or certifications
- development experience from the BI & Analytics department
- experience with PowerBI (is an advantage)
- former experience from the financial sector (is an advantage)
- recent work experience with Microsoft Azure technology, in particular, experience with SQL Datawarehouse or Synapse Analytics (is an advantage)
Who are we?
You will be part of department Technical Incubation in BEC. The department consists of 5 teams, whereof 2 of the teams are directly involved in the new cloud platform. The cloud project is named CUBIA (cloud-enabled-user-centered BI & Analytics). The teams are located in Denmark and Warsaw, Poland, and have capabilities spread across Azure cloud experience and BI-competencies. Until the Azure infrastructure platform is handed over to the support organization, the team also includes developers with support- and maintenance experience. By joining the teams here at BEC, gives you a unique opportunity to impact the strategic direction in our organization and execute successfully. Furthermore, you will be part of a team that will take important decisions around tooling and ways of working e.g. concerning data modelling for the future.
As a new team member, you will get a thorough onboarding in BEC and the BI & Analytics eco-system by the experienced team members. You will also get to work with experienced 3rd part vendors, having experience with major Azure implementation projects. Finally, there is plenty of opportunities to join Microsoft training, as the teams are working closely with global Microsoft experts on our journey to the cloud.
Has the above caught your interest?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your motivational letter and resume no later than April 17, 2020. If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact department manager Sanne Sommer Lyster at +45 29 33 80 12.
BEC is the IT partner for a wide range of banks and other players in the financial industry. We make customers' ambitions possible by developing and operating IT solutions that can meet their total needs for IT. The IT solutions range widely from mobile and internet banking to a complete capital markets platform.
We are 900+ employees at BEC with locations in Denmark and Poland cultivating an informal and dedicated culture in which we appreciate to challenge ourselves and each other.