System architect to Capital Markets - Risk and Data
Are you at the forefront of technological development within your area, and do you thrive in a role where technical leadership and being involved in making decisions are at the heart? And do you want to be a key player in the transition to the future architecture for the Capital Markets area? If so, you may be the one we are looking for.
Setting the architectural direction as the system architect
BEC has come a long way on the journey towards working with the agile framework called SAFe. We have 11 agile release trains (ARTs), and altogether 75 agile development teams who are implementing new concepts and even stronger IT-solutions for the financial institutions.
As a system architect, you will be a key influencer of architecture in the organization and towards BEC's partners. This by supporting the financial institutions' investments in innovation and modernization through APIs and event-driven architecture.
To help drive cross-cutting architectural initiatives you will be collaborating with other architects to help support the cohesion of initiatives and the realization of the architecture strategy in BEC. As a system architect, you are, furthermore, part of the agile leadership team in your development area, where your job is to make sure the architectural vision is followed and that the architectural maturity is lifted in the area. This is succeeded through active participation in the development of tech leads working in the area. The area covers trading, risk management, and regulatory reporting and is handled by a system portfolio consisting primarily of Calypso, but also proprietary and COTS solutions.
Your primary tasks include:
- define and communicate a common technical and architectural vision for the Capital Markets - Risk and Data development area, which is rapidly evolving
- drive architectural transitions for the development area and promote dialogue and awareness of architecture in all teams so that the needed architecture is implemented as desired
- support and engage in the continuous learning culture and foster creativity and exploration in the agile teams through delegation, coaching, and sparring
- assist in designing new solutions and in clarifying the wishes and needs of the customers
- participate in the creation of common goals for the overall architecture in BEC
The agile release train also has teams in Poland why some travel activity is to be expected.
You are passionate about software architecture
You are at the forefront of technological development for your professional area and use your overall view and experience to set the technical and architectural direction for the Risk and Data development area. You make use of your professional leadership skills to delegate responsibilities and thereby strengthen the agile teams. You are an active contributor to collaboration at both employee and management levels. You are motivated by being at the forefront of ensuring a good architecture in your development area, which is coherent with the architecture throughout BEC. Your personal drive and empathy make it easy for you to take leadership and responsibility for architecture in your agile release train. You are outgoing, and you manage to be visionary and innovative also when you are facing resistance.
Additionally, we prefer if you have:
- experience with technical leadership and knowledge of structured problem-solving in an agile organization
- experience in engaging with customers about architecture and deliveries
- experience with solution architecture, preferably in the Capital Markets area
- experience from working in a distributed system landscape where there are many platforms interfacing
- experience with Calypso and regulatory reporting systems
- experience with architecture work, including application, information, and infrastructure.
- experience with Java development, DevOps (CI / CD and support), microservice architecture and Domain-Driven Design
- master Danish and English both written and oral
A special workplace
You are offered an attractive job in a dynamic organization. The tone is informal, and you will work among professional and quality-conscious colleagues. Organizationally, you will belong to the Enterprise Architecture area. Here, we are responsible for the cross-cutting architecture of BEC's system landscape, and that there is consistency in the architecture of the different development areas by defining the architectural strategy, vision, and principles for BEC.
We are currently 21 system architects and enterprise architects, each of whom helps BEC's development areas. We work closely together through sparring, common professional interests, and shared governance processes. The Capital Markets - Risk and Data development area, that you will be supporting, have around 60 employees in total.
Can you see yourself with us?
If the above has caught your interest, please send us your resume and application no later than April 6, 2020. We will conduct interviews on an on-going basis. If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact department manager Mark Barnkob on +45 61 56 71 42.
BEC is the IT partner for a wide range of banks and other players in the financial industry. We make customers' ambitions possible by developing and operating IT solutions that can meet their total needs for IT. The IT solutions range widely from mobile and internet banking to a complete capital markets platform.
We are 900+ employees at BEC with locations in Denmark and Poland cultivating an informal and dedicated culture in which we appreciate to challenge ourselves and each other.