IT Systems Engineer with interest in network systems
Are you passionate about IT and do you enjoy working with network-related tasks? Would you like a job filled with opportunities to develop your technical skills and continuously increase your level of responsibility? Right now, we are looking for a colleague with a keen interest in the latest IT trends – who wants to be part of applying these trends in Danske Commodities’ fundamental IT setup.
Join an agile team with expert-level collaboration skills
When joining our IT Infrastructure & Support team, you also become part of a larger department, IT Operations & Services, where our shared primary focus is to enable, develop and facilitate the enterprise IT environment, which hosts the organisational IT services and solutions in a fast-paced business environment. In the department, we are continuously optimising our platform with new and best-practice solutions to ensure high availability, stability, performance, and security.
The team is characterised by efficiency and agility. Our agile way of working is fundamental to ensure that our IT solutions are working 24/7. As an around the clock trading company, this is vital for keeping the business running. This leaves a great responsibility on our shoulders and we can only succeed with this task because of our unique collaboration and devotion.
A team-player passionate about professional sparring
We imagine that you have at least 2-3 years’ experience working as an IT systems engineer or a similar position. And ideally, you have experience working within IT infrastructure and network systems. As our new colleague, you value close collaboration and knowledge sharing and thrive in an environment where personal and professional advancement is high on the agenda. As a result, we are looking for a team-player who is curious and eager to continually acquire the newest knowledge and always ready to help each other out.
Your journey as our new IT systems engineer
Starting out, you will be introduced to our IT infrastructure setup. You will get a thorough guided tour of our environment and learn how we utilise systems to keep our business running. You will be working on a vast variety of systems and services with a primary focus on network and network-related tasks. On the long term, we imagine that you will become a specialist within network systems in the team while collaborating with your team members on various systems. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in driving our network architecture and implementation – and get a high degree of responsibility and influence on the systems in Danske Commodities along the way. Basically, you get all the responsibility you want and can handle, but you are never alone in carrying it.
As part of your journey, keeping up with the latest trends in IT and utilising them in our setup, is important. Consequently, we educate and develop all our employees to continuously ensure a high level of innovation in the team. We provide individual development plans to ensure this.
If you have a great idea or a new feature that you want to try, we are all ears! If you can pitch it, you can implement it! – Mads Hald Christensen, Manager, Head of Infrastructure & Support.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- maintain, manage, and further develop our IT infrastructure
- actively engage in IT infrastructure projects across our entire system landscape
- network architecture and operation tasks on our systems, such as firewalls, VPN, switching, routing, cloud-network, and load balancing
- development and maintenance of our network services such as firewalls, campus, and data center network, load balancer and Azure network
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant degree in Information Technology
- have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience from a similar position
- preferably, have experience in network and IT infrastructure
- have a good command of English, both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are proactive by nature and can drive things forward – you will have the responsibility for a wide range of tasks that require you to take initiative and follow up
- are independent and outgoing, as you will cooperate with colleagues and stakeholders across the organisation
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
Job start & Type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Mads Hald Christensen, Manager, Head of Infrastructure & Support
T: +45 5060 8085
Application deadline: 26/05.