Senior Project/Program Manager
The Technology department consists of 650+ full-time employees and its overall purpose is responsible for executing the firm's digital strategy and delivering the development roadmap. Our specialty is within capital markets with a focus on; high reliability, large volumes, low latency, and a world-class, cloud-based experience for retail, institutional, and White Label clients. This department is focused on delivering a state of the art technology platform that is scalable and competitive, to ensure we achieve more happy and active clients with a best in class Saxo Experience, while at the same time taking out complexity and reducing costs.
As our new Senior Project/Program Manager, you will be joining a team of cross-functional experts in the Enterprise Change Team. The Enterprise Change team is responsible for delivering strategic projects related to new products, services, regulations, and White Label partnerships.
Among others you will be responsible for:
- Successful delivery of programs and large projects. Successful means properly planned, executed and released – providing timely and accurate communication to relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that any plan which is communicated is based on best knowledge at any given time – and that team is committed to deliver according to this. Ensure the basis of the plan is clearly understood
- Adapting the agile software development processes to suit the needs of the team and to the project
- Partner with IT Leadership and Business Management to ensure Programs and Projects are resourced appropriately
- Responsible for ensuring that a backlog of tasks is available and maintained such that project team has clarity over priorities, scope, requirements, solution breakdown and progress on allocated tasks
- Responsible for quality of deliverables – both functionally and operationally
- Identify Risks and proactively seek to mitigate or minimize, and if not possible, expose, escalate and communicate them in due time
- Ensure clarity and transparency around project actuals vs budget
- Ensure that all relevant operational BUs (affected by changes) are involved during the project – and prepared to receive and operate changes
- Report status into established governance forums
- Manage your stakeholders – make sure everyone is clear what is expected of them and what they can expect in return
- Well defined program and projects with clear plans, budgets, and governance structures
- Stakeholder satisfaction level with program and project delivery
- Visible growth in understanding the Saxo business and IT environment with each passing month
As a candidate, you would be someone who is self-driven and confident and is able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to influence stakeholders across different functions and levels.
Further, we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Work Experience: Ideally, the candidate will have 7+ years’ experience operating at senior project manager/program management level in financial services, preferably having spent time in the intuitional banking/capital markets area, with proven ability to work in a global organization across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
- Posing a keen interest and preferably prior experience with Agile delivery frameworks
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Project management/Program management experience
- Ability to work with colleagues across different regions and cultures
- You see solutions and not obstacles
- You thrive in an environment with constant changes but still keeps an eye for the details
- You are a team player and appreciate an open and relaxed atmosphere
- English language on a professional level
Nice to Have:
- Any recognized Agile practice certification
- Any recognized Project Management certification
- Any hands-on experience with programming/SQL or business analysis
First and foremost, we offer more than just a job; being an employee at Saxo Bank is an opportunity to invest in your future. In addition, you get:
- A chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, very ambitious, and, at the same time, an informal and pleasant working environment.
- A competitive salary plus benefits package.
TEL: +45 3977 4749
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading Danish multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies. For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services, and trading technology.
Saxo’s award-winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai, and Tokyo.
As a bank offering fully digitalized solutions for self-trading, advisory and discretionary services, Saxo is continuously at the forefront of innovation, meaning that clients benefit from proven technology. 600 IT developers and 150 back-office resources develop and deliver Saxo’s solution for the benefit of clients. Outsourcing solutions support the full-service value chain.