Senior Cloud Engineer
Saxo Bank was a fintech long before the term was coined. It is a natural step for us to also pioneer cloud-based solutions in financial services. Saxo Bank and Microsoft have partnered to shape the future of cloud services in the financial industry. Saxo Bank IT has been running a dedicated Cloud Factory project to accelerate our cloud adoption. Moving from project to product these activities are now handled in the Cloud Foundation team, part of Enterprise Platform Engineering.
Cloud Foundation works closely with the other teams of Enterprise Platform Engineering (e.g. Enterprise Information & Data, Monitoring & Logging, DevEx, Network, Container Platforms) to build pillars for a modern hybrid application hosting platform to enable the Saxo Bank development teams to build high performance, highly resilient and reliable Saxo Bank applications and services.
Cloud Foundation provides cost-effective and secure IaaS and PaaS Azure cloud resources via automation platforms to the Saxo Bank developer community.
Cloud Foundation both build and run its services. We strive to shorten both our own cycle times as well as that of our customers (the Saxo Bank DevOps teams). While doing so Cloud Foundation is growing into a cross-functional, autonomous team with end-to-end responsibility.
Cloud Foundation is spread across Copenhagen Denmark (5), Gurugram India (4), and Zurich Switzerland (1). This position is for the HQ office in Hellerup, Copenhagen.
For Cloud Foundation we seek a Senior Cloud Engineer to help build and maintain the automation services of the foundational cloud infrastructure. The team delivers automation for provisioning core infrastructure components, security, and cost control. Today our focus is Microsoft Azure Cloud, but in the future, our services might support multi-cloud platforms.
Projects of focus this year where you will contribute as a Senior Cloud Engineer:
- enabling our customers to deploy new mission-critical workloads to Azure
- building out our Dynamic Test Environments into Azure China,
- building a new self-service/management portal,
- enabling more Azure regions
- refactoring our automation solutions to pay down technical debt.
Ideally, You’re Bringing the Following Skills & Experience with You
- Strong developer and scripting skills (e.g. C#, PowerShell, Python) and an urge to apply these to automate a Hybrid Cloud
- Expert on the .NET and .NET Core stack
- Expert on automated testing (unit and integrations tests) also for Infrastructure.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft SQL
- Good knowledge Windows along with other operating systems like Linux
- Relevant certifications for MS Azure and possibly also AWS
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience; Engineering Computer Science or Math background preferred.
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. ARM, Ansible, Terraform or similar)
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- CI/CD environments (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Rest API development
- Storage and database systems.
- Monitoring, discoverability, and logging (Elastic)
- 5+ years of hands development
- 2+ years hands-on in-depth cloud-based development on platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently as required
- Highly motivated & driven team player
- Clear and effective communication skills to articulate technical challenges
- Eagerness to learn and possibly teach
- Continued study of emerging technologies and industry directions
Expected Start Date:
As soon as possible
Amdi Arnfred Nielsen
Telephone: +45 39774059
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading Danish multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies. For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services, and trading technology.
Saxo’s award-winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai, and Tokyo.
As a bank offering fully digitalised solutions for self-trading, advisory and discretionary services, Saxo is continuously at the forefront of innovation, meaning that clients benefit from proven technology. 600 IT developers and 150 back-office resources develop and deliver Saxo’s solution for the benefit of clients. Outsourcing solutions support the full-service value chain.