Principal Digital Engineer eCommerce OMS
Are you seeking a complex set of challenges in eCommerce global fulfilment? Are you an expert on IBM Sterling Commerce and OMS? Come join and help Pandora build an incredible Omnichannel experience!
Deliver best in class global eCommerce experience
The Principal Digital Engineer will support Pandora in engineering and delivering world-class digital products for our customers of today and tomorrow. The Principal Digital Engineer will ensure that the high-quality digital products we deliver will enable our customers to meet their goals and that we are continually identifying and acting on opportunities for improvement.
The Principal Digital Engineer will be called on to build enterprise-level eCommerce solutions delivering a best in class global eCommerce experience all while providing mentorship and training to other engineers. Solutions will be within the IBM Sterling Commerce setup as well as throughout the entire landscape of supporting applications so will require a solid understanding of the overall eCommerce landscape and data passed across CMS, PIM, DAM, CRM, CDNs, ERP, Web Analytics, Tag Management, OMS, Payment Gateways, Fraud Management, etc. In this role, you will need to balance pragmatism with high code quality and work with product & development teams on trade-offs as relevant within the testing plan and execution.
Some of your key accountabilities in this role will be to:
- Work in product development squads to triage, bug fix, or implement new features against our end to end eCommerce technology stack
- Deliver quality, enterprise-level, performant code while actively participate in peer code and quality reviews
- Become a Pandora eCommerce platform subject matter expert and evangelist helping to push the team and company towards the best in class experience.
- Help product development squads to understand good practice approaches to engineering, and understanding how best to implement within our architecture in order to meet quality and acceptance criteria
- Work with, and support internal teams, product management, UX, and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites.
- Contributes to (and lead, where appropriate) the relevant scrum events, including sprint planning and story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and demos, and retrospectives
- Investigate and develop prototypes and proof of concepts using new technical developments relevant to the area of expertise and product(s) on which you are working
Motivated and customer focused with a positive “whatever it takes” attitude
To succeed it this role, we imagine that you are highly motivated with a self-starter approach to your job. You have a passion for web development, a thirst for knowledge, strong initiative, a positive “whatever it takes” attitude and a proven ability to successfully work with other team members across departments and levels of authority. You consistently demonstrate the ability to adapt interpersonal style to suit different people and situations, showing respect and sensitivity towards individual and cultural differences. Adding to that, you have a customer-focused attitude, setting high standards for work quality and quantity, as measured by value, delivered (and promised) to customers.
Furthermore, we envision that you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in a web development environment and recent IBM Sterling OMS experience is required
- Proficiency and understanding in the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more
- Knowledge of development for mobile responsive, adaptive and PWA driven websites
- Strong and proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, CRM, CMS or other marketing channel integrations
- You are comfortable with analytics platforms and have experience tracking pages and events (Adobe Analytics / Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Knowledge understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. During 2020, we will build up a world-class digital team, ensuring that digital is at the heart of our business. The Digital Hub will be responsible for designing, delivering, and operating digital products and experiences for Pandora’s global business in order to deliver a genuinely connected experience.
As part of the Digital Development team, you will ensure that we deliver on our strategic ambition to be industry leaders in digital; owning and delivering our digital product and technology vision, strategy, and roadmap. You will report to the Director of Digital Engineering, and join a team who work closely together, help each other out and offer the flexibility and freedom needed to focus on solving customers’ problems.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however, if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future, then please apply via "Apply here". We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016, and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design, we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures, and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED-certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets Initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.