Infrastructure and Operations Specialist
Mobilethink is currently looking for an Infrastructure and Operations Specialist to support and develop our business as market leader within device intelligence. We are a fast pace organization that operates in 45 countries with more than 400 million subscribers. We are based in Aarhus and part of Enghouse Networks, a public traded Canadian based software and Service Company. In Enghouse we have a high ambition and strategy of growth. Therefore, we need the best employees to support us in reaching our goals.
About the role
As our new Infrastructure and Operations Specialist you will have a great combination of high responsibility and problem solving approach. The overall purpose of the position is to secure day2day operation of our infrastructure and at the same time take lead in evolving it to fit future needs. We expect you to be a proactive team player who will use its technical knowledge to solve challenges, improve customer experience and bring value to the team.
You will work closely with R&D, Operation team colleagues and our customers. You will advise them on operational issues and troubleshooting using your technical insight and expertise. Our customers are based all over the globe. You will be part of our DK Operations team in Aarhus and report directly to Head of Operations.
Being part of our team means being highly dedicated and proactive in order to always meet customers and partners requirements. We expect that you are highly responsible and stable team player that understands the importance on working together and supporting each other on day to day tasks that need to be completed on time and efficiently.
Some of the functions and tasks you will handle:
- System and DB administrator
- Lead on current and new Infrastructure design and deployment
- Cooperate with R&D and participate in Implementation of new deployments and migration of existing solutions
- Plan and participate in execution of system check and proactive/preventive maintenance on Infrastructure and platforms (full-stack)
- Documenting existing and new infrastructure and solutions as well as standard procedures (e.g. Backup and Disaster Recovery)
- 2nd level troubleshooting and analytical problem investigation
- Take part in our monitoring and Incident-/Support-case handling
- Take part in our rotation for 2nd/3rd line standby duty outside office hours
You have an educational background in data or equivalent experience and a strong IT knowledge. You are motivated by technical challenges and by getting to know the deep technical insight of our products. You are able to use your technical knowledge and your knowledge about infrastructure and IT security to maintain and renew our Infrastructure and advice and support our customers.
We are looking for a candidate with knowledge and experience in:
- High Availability Infrastructure operations and analytical troubleshooting
- Infrastructure hardware like Servers, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Cloud vendors – e.g. AWS, Cloudflare, Rackspace and Linode
- IP routing, switching and firewalling, equivalent to Cisco CCNA or better, and good understanding of Network analysis
- Virtualization technology – we use VMware ESXi/vCenter and are beginning to Containerize Applications
- Linux administration – we primary use Debian
- Database Administration – we use MariaDB and MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Scripting - e.g. BASH, Python, Perl etc.
We offer great working environment and international team, various company perks and benefits and great opportunities to learn and grow and much more!
MobileThink is a busines unit that is part of Enghouse Networks division. Although a small team we opperate in 45 countries with more than 400 million subscribers and offices in Aarhus. We are part of a global organization that has tripled in size from the last 7 years. Our global reach makes us an exciting employer for anyone who wants to work in an international environment. Enghouse Systems is a publicly traded Canadian IT company. Enghouse shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “ESL”.
Joining our company will give you the opportunity to work with talented people from all over the world in a rapidly growing and fast paced environment. With more than 40 offices around the world, you will get the opportunity to be part of an international growth journey and get opportunities to learn and grow. Although we work hard, as a company we care about your work life balance and well-being.
You can send your CV with motivation letter through the link below. If this is not you, then please share it with someone you think could be a potential match! Apply today, we are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.
We respect your privacy and protect your data!