Would you like to play an important role in building up the new DevOps Department in BEC's Center of Excellence? And are you interested in securing a professional and relevant DevOps setup which minimizes cost and waste in development ensuring focus on lead-time? Then it might be you we are looking for.
Do you want to influence the direction of DevOps in BEC?
BEC has come a long way on the journey towards working with the agile implementing SAFe. Today we have more than 10 agile release trains (ARTs), and more than 75 agile development teams who implement new concepts and even stronger IT-solutions for the banks.
In the new DevOps department, we are in the process of creating a DevOps strategy that will aim on maturing the capabilities needed in the organization to become more DevOps mature. Based on this strategy and a roadmap, we will create concepts and initiatives that can help the development teams to get to the next DevOps maturity level. We have quite many teams, and lots of technologies, so this will be a longer journey.
You are passionate about automation of the whole process from development to production, and possibly also interested in monitoring and alerting. You are pragmatic and good at guiding developers within the principles of DevOps. You will be working both with new technologies, both on premise and cloud on Microsoft Azure, but it can also include older technologies such as Mainframe.
It is important that the DevOps principles being implemented, create value for business and ultimately to our customers. It must have measurable effect on waste, delivery rate and quality, and at the same time contribute to a high level of satisfaction of the employees adopting this.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Help and guide teams with our DevOps initiatives, which could include implement automation of pipelines, gates, code analysis tools, etc.
- Making guides available on Atlassian Confluence, on how to implement DevOps initiatives
- Have dialogs with teams about where they are and what help they need
- Learn about needs from operation, and how these are built in from start, to ensure that we end up with better value for our customers
- Make small POC's on DevOps tools and concept, and get these out to developer teams with help from our Platform team
- Help teams get the best out of code reviews, and take part in how we improve code review to create even more value
- Be internal consultant on DevOps and adviser to some teams in BEC
You are passionate about 'Continuous Delivery'
As a person, you are passionate about your job. You are good at creating relations, patient and empathic, as you will build up a big network throughout the organization. You are organized and have a good ability of thinking out of box. You possess drive and you thrive on challenges, also with the most complex ones. You are curious and we expect you to keep yourself updated within the area and responsibility of the department.
Additionally, it is considered an advantage if you:
- Have a background as developer and a good sense of the principles of 'good code', and preferably knowledge of tools to support this
- Have previous experience in methods of DevOps, concepts, implementation or similar
- Have a 'full stack' experience, not only for developing, but also knowledge of areas like developer tools, infrastructure, monitoring tools, network and preferably security
- Are confident with several of the following technologies and tools: Jenkins, maven, python, SonarQube, XRay, Artifactory, Java, Angular, Kafka, Bitbucket, GitHub Enterprise, terraform, Microsoft Azure
- Have knowledge or experience about containers and orchestration of containers e.g. using Kubernetes
- It will further be an advantage if you have knowledge about Cobol, PGMRename
- Have a relevant analytic education within IT
- Master Danish and English on a high level both written and oral
- Are a good listener and good at creating good relations with developers and other technical people
Who are we?
You will become part of a new department with very skilled colleagues from different specializations within DevOps, both in Roskilde as well as in Poland. The department is especially attractive because of its area of focus in BEC to ensure a higher efficiency and quality.
Can you see yourself with us?
We look forward to receiving your application and resume no later than August 16, 2020. If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact department manager Lars Kalmar Hansen on +45 4638 2511 after July 20, 2020. Do send your application as soon as possible, as we will conduct interviews on an on-going basis after July 20, 2020, until the right candidate has been found.