Operational specialist for Gas Systems & Automation
Are you passionate about translating business requirements into new systems of the highest quality? Do you thrive in a team dynamic where professional development and team spirit are on top of the agenda? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
Become part of making our systems the best
We are looking for a new colleague to join a team of highly skilled specialists, who work closely together with the rest of our Gas Trading team, ensuring that our platform enables scaling of existing business and addition of new business. We are all very curious about our field of work and eager to expand our horizon. One of our most important focus points is the great sense of team spirit and the shared ambition of taking our business to the next level. We have ongoing collaboration with relevant stakeholders across Danske Commodities and Equinor to pursue the best possible solution and support the strategic direction of the company.
In Gas Systems & Automation, we are responsible for the core IT systems in our Gas business, including ETRM, gas scheduling and counterparty communication. This responsibility covers the integration of new systems, identifying and mapping data processes, workflows and value chains across the organisation. The team also equips our gas traders with a broad suite of data-driven market execution tools. allowing them to focus less on execution and more on reading the market.
Unfold your excellence with skilled colleagues
We are looking for a colleague, who is eager to dig into the core business and get a cross-organisational interface in the pursuit for the best possible solutions, while being surrounded and supported by the absolute best peers in the industry. Your primary responsibility will be to act as a vital link between understanding our business and collaborating with our software developers to ensure our ETRM system meets and complies with our business’ requirements. Furthermore you will share the responsiblity for configuring our gas scheduling system and external counterparty communication.
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to your tasks and the team, understanding their individual roles and contributions to the organisation. As part of your onboarding, it is essentional that you get familiar with the current core trading systems. You will have to obtain an understanding of the basic ideas of trading and the operational daily tasks supporting it. On the longer term, you will have a significant role in supporting the current core systems and being a central part of translating the business requirements of the Gas team into a full-blown implementation of new systems that resonate excellence.
"We strive for excellence and to push our system landscape to the next level, creating state-of-the-art trading systems" – Tobias Basse, Director, Head of Gas Systems & Automation
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- support the entire functionality of our core trading systems from a business perspective
- be a super-user in our gas scheduling system, including configuration of new markets, assets, etc.
- configurate our counterparty communication working with the Edig@s standard or similar
- become a central part of facilitating the implementation of new systems, including identifying requirements from the business and mapping data processes
- create and classify storage contracts, non-standard contracts, etc.
- model and configurate within relevant system framework
We expect that you:
- have a background in IT, Engineering, Natural Science or Economics
- preferably, have 2-3 years experience from a similar position
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are proactive and not afraid of taking responsibility – you will work on team projects as well as individual analyses, and we expect that you are always looking to optimise when possible
- have an eye for detail, while being able to align with the context of the greater goal
- have a positive view and are ready to take on new challenges: we are continuously venturing into uncharted territory
Jobstart & Type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers