Senior C# Developer with Data Experience
Are you interested in working with software development and building a data platform as a foundation for analytics for a growing international business? Do you want to be part of an experienced, competent and agile development team? Do you understand the importance of data availability and trustworthiness? If yes then we believe we can offer this in the role of Senior Developer within our Asset Planning Scrum Team.
How the role fits into the organisation?
In this role you will be part of a Scrum Team that develops and maintains platforms and tools for making data available to data scientists, meteorologists and traders in the business. In the team we work closely with various business teams in collaboration with the Product Owner for our system portfolio. You will experience a varied workday, with a very short distance from development to production. You will be working with modern technologies together with more than 60 skilled IT colleagues.
In the words of our very own Peter Vestergaard (IT Development):
"Within the field of Software Development, this is a challenging and versatile position. You will be working with new technologies and different tasks, that will challenge you and develop your skill set!”
As a Senior Developer we expect that you would take part in the following:
- Proactively developing the team and the team processes
- Act as a role model in the team, and help develop the team’s competencies
- Influence the solution architecture and ensure a high level of quality in the solutions.
At Centrica we recognise that a career in Software Development requires continuous learning. We engage our employees in Guilds driving both technical innovation, process improvements and social activities. Our Skills Guild drive learning activities such as Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions, and our Social and Work Life Guild drive frequent social events such as Department Events, Friday Bars, etc. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities – ranging from Foosball tournaments to LAN Parties – bringing in people from the entire Aalborg office.
What do you need to be successful within this position?
- A relevant education within Computer Science or closely related subject
- Passion for delivering high quality software solutions
- Close collaboration with internal customers on all phases of a products life cycle
- Be an experienced C# developer – well versed in IOC, SOLID etc.
- Experience in working with large databases either in MSSQL server or other database platforms
- Like to explore new technologies and continuously expand your skill set.
Additionally, it would be an advantage if you are familiar with one or more of the following:
- GitLab, Jenkins and Octopus
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- AWS - S3, Kubernetes and MongoDB, etc.
- WPF / MVVM
- Serilog, Elastic Search and Kibana
- Unit Testing and Automated testing in general.
We hope this is a role that interests you and look forward to reviewing your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Yderligere oplysninger fås hos:Chris Powell