Architect to build best-in-class data warehouse solutions
Do you want to be part of a team developing warehouse solutions that play a key part in the development of the financial markets?
Every single day, VP Securities facilitate more than 70.000 securities transactions. We handle vast amounts of data, and we are in a unique position as an infrastructure provider to the financial markets in Denmark. Our solutions need to be best in class – and now, you get to challenge yourself with us.
Are you passionate about data and the value it brings when it is brought to life?
At VP we are looking for a Data Warehouse Architect who knows the ins and outs of modern data warehouse design as well as the business context where it is used.
Can you see yourself in the following?
- You are a data warehouse developer by heart, who never stops learning
- You have applied several design patterns, seen them fail, learned from it, and made them better
- You see complex business logic as an interesting challenge and take pride in ensuring the solutions compatibility with the existing architecture
- You have done this for so long that taking responsibility for the data warehouse architecture comes naturally
- You have the skills and capacity to ensure that the work of others comply with the architecture and you ensure this by guidance as well as reviews.
Collaboration across the entire business
You will be part of a small BI Team who develop and maintain the data warehouse platform and you will work closely with product owners, data scientists, business analysts and external developers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Set the standard for development
- Make an architecture strategy and a roadmap to get there
- Validate incoming projects and tasks
- Coordinate development plans with business needs
- Prioritize development and manage a backlog
- Coordinate tasks with developers
- Use your knowledge and skills to educate others
- Ensure quality in the solution
- Ensure documentation and test lives up to VP requirements
- Raise DevOps to the next level
- Manage stakeholder expectations
Technologies in play
The data warehouse is build using Microsoft Technology (SQL Server, Integration Services, Tabular) with a Qlik Sense server on top for reporting and dashboards.
- You may have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, but that is not as important as your experience with BI development.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft BI stack is required.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and services – e.g. Microsoft Azure and Databricks – and an interest in driving the discussion on when and how cloud services should be used.
- Knowledge of infrastructure
- You will get a lot of freedom in your work, and thus, it is important that you are able to work independently and organised.
Want to be our new colleague?
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact CFO, Niels Hjort Rotendahl.
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV via the link.
We look forward to hearing from you.