Hello Retail is searching for two Senior Full-Stack Developers
Hello Retail is one of the world’s premier e-commerce personalization platforms. We help +1200 webshops in the Nordics provide a personalized shopping experience across onsite recommendations, search, and personalized emails.
As a full-stack developer, you will help propel both Hello Retail and our customers’ businesses forward through smarter personalization & better customer insights. If you want to work with big data & high-performance platforms, then Hello Retail might be the right place for you.
Your role at Hello retail
- Continue to extend on our current product line which consists of personalized recommendations, search & email and a few secret projects
- Ensure stable and frequent releases that create value for webshops all over the Nordics
- Take features from design to deployment
- Collaborate across departments & design on developing new impactful releases
Your work qualifications - Required skills
- 5+ years of professional experience developing web applications using Java or a similar technology
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and comfortable with design pattern discussions and implementation
- Self-starter, positive and passionate about software development
- Experience with code reviews & unit testing
- High proficiency in the following technologies:
- Show initiative – let us know how we can improve
Nice to have qualifications - Preferred skills
Have experience with:
- SOLR or Elastic Search
- Vue or similar frontend framework
- Tooling/databases for “Big Data”
Why join Hello Retail?
- You will get the chance to help small & medium-sized businesses compete with the juggernauts of Amazon & Zalando – personalization shouldn’t be an enterprise-only option
- Be part of a team that has a real impact on more than 1200 webshops. Performance and uptime is crucial to us since it directly affects the bottom line of our customers
- Be part of an informal environment – shoes are optional!
- Contribute and be part of a scale-up team whose ambition is higher than the high ceiling at the office
- Grow as a professional – if you aren’t embarrassed by the code you produced 6 months ago you haven’t improved
- High focus on unit test and continuous deployment
- The office is located in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark right next to the Central Train Station
Hello Retail is a Conversion Rate Optimization platform that empowers e-commerce 1000+ webshops in the Nordics. We are a stable scale-up looking to expand the dev team to accomplish all our grand visions. If you are afraid of a company & team which has grand ambitions, then this might not be the right job. However, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment then you will feel right at home.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training in our systems and best practice.
- Great incentive to do your best.
- A workplace where we celebrate the team spirit.
- A workplace where we jointly ensure that every day is as good as possible.
- A workplace where we celebrate our results.
Perks & Benefits
- Catered diverse lunch with your colleagues, every day from one of the best kitchens in Copenhagen
- Free beer on Fridays: Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together
- Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
- Flexible work hours and vacation: Morning person or night owl, this job is for you
- Social gatherings and games: Hangout with your colleagues
- Skill development program: We want to take you from good to great
- Pet friendly. Dogs, turtles, or goldfish are welcome in the office as long as they want to cuddle every now and then.
- Free coffee/tea: Get your caffeine fix for free
- Free soft drinks and treats/fruits: Peckish after lunch? We got your back
- Are you a true Tech Savvy? MacBook, trackpad, you name it, we get you covered.
So what are you waiting for?
JOIN US A.S.A.P - WE PROMISE YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE REST OF OUR AWESOME TEAM!
If you believe that you are a good match, we would like to hear from you.
Contact Philip Andersen at + 45 89 88 92 00 or via email
Hello Retail was formed in 2013 and thousands of webshops in the Nordics and Benelux have chosen our Personalization engine. We are a fully managed SaaS solution which means that we are not just a platform. We take care of our customers from A-Z making sure that they get the most out of working with us.
The product is based on a solid experience of Customer service, eCommerce CRO and Big Data / AI / Machine Learning – call it whatever you like – we like to name it intelligence :-). A product built from the ground up, now serving thousands of successful eCommerce businesses in several markets.
Today, we are almost 40 people based in Copenhagen with different nationalities which gives a great, international atmosphere with room for all types of people. We are relaxed but ambitious, we are having fun but know when to work, we cooperate but are fully aware of the value of being self-driven and motivated.
If you do not know Copenhagen already, the capital of Denmark oozes of atmosphere, lots of shopping, restaurants and cafées, and cool hangout places. You can cross Copenhagen by bike or electrical scooters in no time to go for street food, maybe even kayaking in the canals, or ice skating in the wintertime. Copenhagen and Denmark are world-famous for the world’s happiest habitats and the crime rate is close to zero.
The office is 2 minutes from the central station with the best view you can find in Copenhagen, Penthouse floor on the Buen building.