IT Network Engineer – GBIT Infrastructure and Operation team
Do you enjoy working with challenges on an enterprise scale within IT infrastructure? Do you have a solid technical background combined with an adaptive mindset, and an ability to translate that into stable and mature solutions?
World leader in allergy
ALK's aspiration is to become the world leader in allergy by helping as many people with allergy to a better life by providing options of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergy. In Global IT we contribute to this aspiration by supporting the organisation with modern IT tools and technologies, and by delivering world-class support to our many colleagues around the world.
Your role as IT Network Engineer
Working in collaboration with colleagues within Global IT and end users around the world, you will take part in designing, implementing, configuring and documenting critical network infrastructure solutions based on a wide range of technologies.
You will be involved in all network infrastructure projects for both keeping current system is good shape and preparing for the further.
A strong drive and ability to achieve goals working in teams will be an advantage, as the right technical solution is only one piece of the puzzle.
You will also support, troubleshoot and develop existing systems, to ensure a high level of performance and stability, and be able to come up with innovative solutions to new business needs. GxP Compliance and documentation are a part of our mindset, so experience and demonstrated ability to achieve compliance in an effective and useful way is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a key driver in the adoption and advancement of infrastructure-related services and will contribute significantly to both current and future business critical systems in ALK. Travel activity is expected from 25 to 40 days per year.
Fields of responsibility
- Participate in design, implement and operate Cisco Switches, Routers and Wireless controllers.
- Implement and operate Palo Alto Firewalls
- Participate in design, Implement and operation global MPLS and IPSEC infrastructure.
- Participating in the migration from pure MPLS into using IPSEC and SD-WAN
- Assist with implementation of innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Provide directions to best practice, solutions and advise to management
- Adhere to compliance, perform reporting, troubleshooting and focus on quality
Your Experience and qualifications
You have been working the last 3-4 years within network, operation or security teams and is accustom with cross function cooperation, quality mindset, timely delivery and compliance requirements being in high focus and is now ready for new challenges.
As a candidate for the role you have:
- An education in computer science, engineering or similar
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and complex infrastructure projects, and to communicate and align with peer architects, engineers and management
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireless LAN Controllers and Identity Service Engine
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls or other equivalent.
- Experience with Dynamic routing protocols BGP and OSPF
- Experience with VoIP systems is an advantage
- Experience with GxP and qualification of computerized systems is an advantage
Global IT at ALK
Global IT at ALK is a global organisation of approximately 110 employees with three main hubs in Hørsholm, Madrid and Krakow and IT staff on our production sites and regional sales hubs in Germany, France and North America. Today, ALK has most IT competences in-house and you will have qualified colleagues across the globe.
We believe that good results and IT services go hand in hand with securing development and learning opportunities. Employees are encouraged to show respect and help each other every day. You will become part of an IT organisation where we put competence and substance over format and presentation and prioritise iterative interactions.
Our new IT strategy contains several new IT programmes and projects aimed at revitalising ALK's IT infrastructure and application landscape. You will have the opportunity to work with and impact our:
- Upgrade and replacement of existing systems
- Implementation of new business critical systems across line functions
- Analysis and scoping of new initiatives
Contact and application
If you need further information about the position, please contact Senior IT Network and Communications Specialist, René Belloni on email@example.com or +45 45 74 77 36.
November 1st, 2020.
How to apply
Please click on "Apply online" and kindly remember to attach a letter of motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.