Web Videoconferencing Service Manager
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
You will report to the head of the End-User Service Operation Section, in the End-User Services Division of the ESA Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services, and be responsible for the supervision and coordination of centralised operation activities, integrating services by multiple suppliers and vendors into a single coherent end-to-end IT service dedicated to establishing and maintaining mainly cloud-based web videoconferencing meetings, event and training solutions and services.
- Coordinating and supervising the day-to-day service delivery and support provided by service providers and vendors through their maintenance support.
- Assisting in the management of document, user learning materials, admin and user guide library, validating deliverables at various stages of the activities and with reference to any end-user service and technical operational aspects.
- Providing central esait unified user support services for web videoconferencing
- liaising with customer and end-user community, translating needs into requirements and solutions specifications to be implemented by service providers;
- establishing and improving web videoconferencing management and improved user experience;
- managing service catalogue for web videoconferencing-related aspects and services;
- executing a systematic approach for continuous improvement of the services, including the critical review of the service processes and requirements, increasing the overall quality and efficiency of the web videoconferencing service;
- guaranteeing compliance of contracted providers to all terms and conditions and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- coordinating and supervising all esait service providers for end-user operational communication-related aspects;
- optimising and rationalising the use of existing web videoconferencing tools and systems;
- designing, enhancing and implementing web videoconferencing solutions, organising and managing transfer to operation and related adoptions, supporting the integration of new products into existing multi-platform web videoconferencing and service model;
- Acting as the point of escalation and responsibility for the coordinated end-user support-related service and adoption for all web videoconferencing services and tools.
- Contributing to the strategic planning process, investment plans and annual work planning processes and to the related budget preparation and revision exercises.
- Providing regular report progress and status of activities.
- Experience in technology management and/or project management
- Messaging, collaboration and document management systems
- Computer systems engineering
- Information security technology
- IT service and operations management
- Knowledge of corporate information systems
- Planning & Organisation
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Innovation & Creativity
- Customer Focus
You should have a Master’s degree in the Information Technology domain.
You should have solid, documented experience in managing IT services, as well as extensive experience of web videoconferencing technologies for meetings, events and webinars. Proven experience in the introduction and service delivery of web videoconferencing solutions in a complex organisation is also required. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong results orientation with the ability to set priorities and present practical solutions both orally and in writing, will be able to foster cooperation and work effectively in a team, as well as to lead change.
The closing date for applications is 29 September 2020.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.