Entrepreneurial Machine Learning Engineer
Join the Watts-team and be part in shaping the next era of disruptive energy technologies to support decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization. In Watts we develop the next generation of integrated user-engaging energy solutions based on cloud-computing, edge-computing and machine learning. We look for a technical candidate which is used to work in an agile environment and recognizes the importance of fast iterating on new ideas and concepts without losing focus on quality and stability in the final solutions.
As a machine learning engineer, you will work closely with a team of data scientists, domain experts and business developers to deliver state-of-the-art analytical solutions - and use your natural curiosity to ensure constant innovation.
Your primary job will be feature-oriented development of data-driven solutions including all steps from fetching and manage data, exploratory data analysis, machine learning- and statistical-based model training and evaluation, deployment and continuous monitoring of performance quality. The job will also require you to further evolve our internal tools for analytical work. This includes developing and maintaining our common large-scale computing and analytics platform and shared analytical codebase to ensure stability, scalability and good performance.
Trends in technology and energy utilization is evolving at a fast pace. In Watts we use value proposition design and agile development to evaluate and transform these trends into working solutions. This work is done closely with international technology- and development partners and universities why most communication is English. The company main language is Danish.
What are we looking for?
You should have:
- deep experience with developing data-driven analytical solutions
- deep experience with Python development and .NET development in C#
- working knowledge on modern machine learning techniques – including deep learning
- good theoretical grounding in basic statistics and probability
- experience with the Microsoft Azure technology stack
- a relevant education within computer science (MOOCs also count)
… and it is even better if you have:
- experience with large-scale distributed computing, like Azure Databricks (Spark)
- experience in automation through Git and DevOps
- experience with visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI
- knowledge on machine learning libraries, like PyTorch etc.
Who are we looking for?
As a person you should:
- be eager to learn and translate this knowledge into working software
- appreciate to work in an agile and unformal environment
- see the opportunities in every difficulty, and not the difficulty in every opportunity
- take pride in delivering a solid piece of work / code every day
- be proactive, a proven team player and have the skills to communicate your work
Unleash your talent together with us as we strive to make the world a better place for future generations.
We offer you:
- a various and exciting job with many personal and professional challenges in a – sometimes – fast-paced environment
- flexible working hours and location
- an attractive salary package with among other pension including medical care, life insurance coverage and lots of other employee benefits
- company provided mobile phone and internet
- room for personal development
- passionate colleagues who are at the forefront of their field
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. And if you have additional questions for this job posting you are welcome to contact Team Manager for Energy Technology and AI, Anders Spur Hansen on +45 26 13 61 13 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Practical Stuff
Application deadline is Thursday 17th September 2020 and Interviews are excpected to be held in the following week. Interviews will be held at our site in Haslev.