IT Development Team Lead
At Centrica Energy Trading we are moving forward at a high pace, always seeking new opportunities and markets. Due to our success we are looking for a new proactive and people-oriented Team Lead to join our IT Development department.
As a Team Lead you will be responsible for several scrum teams in IT development, supporting our Route-to-Market and Power Asset Management business. Each team consists of 5 - 6 Developers working closely together with our various business teams in Aalborg.
You will be part of a very agile organisation with a long and proven track record. Our modern application portfolio is developed on a flexible IT architecture, based on micro-services and using automated test and continuous delivery in a hybrid cloud setup. We are primarily using Microsoft .NET combined with managed cloud technologies. We adapt new technologies quickly and have competences within advanced Application Development, AI, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Big Data etc.
You will experience a varied workday with a great cooperation with business architects, product owners and developers in the teams. We expect you to coordinate and participate in some of these daily tasks and ensure continuously improvement and motivated team members.
The spirit of our company is high, and cooperation with the rest of the business is key, to succeed in this role. If you agree, we are convinced that you will thrive here. We work in an open office space, where close collaboration and initiative is appreciated. Every day we do a little better than yesterday. Work is fun and our active staff association hosts many social activities. We have a great canteen, fitness room and employee lounge with pool, table football etc. for you to enjoy. Education is a priority and we host brown bags, study groups, hackathon's as well as different courses, on a regular basis.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of having been a Team Lead or similar Line Manager role within IT
- A proven track record of developing and motivating employees in high performance teams
- Either possess a relevant IT education or have a strong business background combined with technical flair
- Good understanding of business processes and automation
- Experience with delivering systems support to a complex business area
- Experience with continuous delivery and Cloud technologies
- Be a team player while still being self-driven and proactive
- Have good communication skills and the ability to interact across the organisation with different stakeholders.
It would be an advantage if you have:
- Experience from the Energy sector, Financial sector or a Commodity trading company
- Experience as a scrum master or product owner in a large agile organisation.
If you can supply the willingness and the personal attitude, we can offer a work environment that will help you grow on a professional - as well as on a personal level. You will get first hand experience within the energy sector and within a trading business - and you will join an international company with a proven track record and an ambitious growth plan!