Too Good To Go is a Social Impact company fighting food waste, and best known for our app - the world’s biggest marketplace for surplus food.
Why do we do this...?
Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted, and it is having a huge impact on the health of our planet. In fact, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 22 million users has saved more than 39 million meals from going to waste across 15 European countries. That is the equivalent of more than 97 million kg CO2 saved!
But we’re more than an app - our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together and to do this we work with businesses, households, schools and public affairs to raise awareness, make the knowledge as accessible as possible, find new businesses solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
Too Good To Go is looking for a new Data Engineer to further enhance our existing data infrastructure. You will be part of the Platform team working in our Copenhagen office, but we are a closely-knit organisation, so you will work closely with other Engineers, Data Scientists, Analysts from many other teams.
Your mission will be building the infrastructure to make data insights widely available - both internally for our business-critical use cases, but also externally to enhance the use of data insights in our mobile and web applications. What you help build will be used daily by our millions of users, our partners and our internal business stakeholders.
You will be developing Data pipelines and our Data infrastructure, using primarily AWS services. This covers data ingestion, ETL/ELT, schema migration, operationalization of Machine Learning models, CI/CD, monitoring and alerting.
You enjoy making sure that what we build is well tested and meets expectations of scale.
You get to bring your own opinions and experience when it comes to the technology stack. We’ve kept the legacy systems to a minimum, so there is room to adapt and optimize.
- You are technically curious, pragmatic and a self-starter.
- You have a background in building scalable and data-intensive applications, ideally on cloud infrastructure. If you haven't been called a Data Engineer before, your title might have been along the lines of Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or similar.
- Experience with modern Big Data technologies, Linux and cloud platforms.
- Modern Python or Java.
- Fluent in SQL, experience with databases and modern Data Warehouses.
- Comfortable using CI/CD tools and Docker (ideally Kubernetes)
Nice to have
- some exposure to ML platforms
- Kafka / KStreams / event stream processing
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing
- Be part of one of Europe’s most promising scale-ups, headquartered in Copenhagen
- A team of international co-workers, on a mission to reduce food waste globally
- Informal atmosphere in cool offices in Copenhagen
Please apply via "Apply here" making sure to include your English resume, and fill out the application form.
All applications are continuously evaluated. Please note that only applications uploaded through our platform can be taken into account; applications sent via email or LinkedIn direct messaging will be discarded.