Product owner for Capacity & Controlling
Are you a tech-savvy product owner with a strong commercial mindset and an eye for optimization of operational costs and capacity? Do you master a helicopter perspective as well as detailed data analysis? Can you “sell” the benefits of proactive involvement in other teams’ planning? And are you familiar with terms like mainframe, Azure Cloud, MIPS, and terabyte? Then you might be the one we are looking for!
BEC develops and operates IT systems for about 25% of the Danish financial institutions, offering a wide range of services and solutions hosted in central (mainframe) as well as decentral (server, cloud and web-based) environments. As part of BEC’s Infrastructure & Operations division, the Capacity & Controlling team keeps track of and reports on our operational capacity and costs in cooperation with our suppliers. We approve requests for more capacity and ensure that governance aspects are considered.
You will ensure operational capacity and reliability at the best possible price
You and your team help fulfil BEC’s Technology strategy where we, among other things, move from a central IT-platform with limited flexibility towards a more flexible, open and cost-efficient IT-architecture. The aim is to reduce time to market, and to increase efficiency and access to more innovative solutions and technology.
Your mission is, together with your team, to optimize BEC’s operational costs for our hosted IT-infrastructure including mainframe, while at the same time ensure that we at any time have the required capacity for current as well as planned future business services. You ensure that we are always in control of our capacity consumption
- As a product owner, you create overview and transparency of BEC’s operational capacity and costs, and pinpoint areas of improvement. You plan the team’s tasks and ensure that these are well-defined. Your primary tasks will include: Planning, prioritization and follow-up on the team’s activities, reoccurring as well as project related
- Provide capacity related input and budgets to BEC’s operational and finance management
- Liaise with product owners in BEC’s many Agile Release Trains to ensure that Capacity Management is involved at an early stage of the planning of new IT services and platforms with the aim to align the development and operations, and to identify needs and consequences to ensure operational stability
- Support the team with capacity management, data analysis and reporting
- Establish capacity management and controlling functions for the cloud-based infrastructure
You are a dynamic and empathetic team-player
As a person you are extrovert and possess great communication skills. You value working together with other people, and easily build a network across the organization. Furthermore, you can demonstrate leadership and pursue organizational growth through commercial thinking and a winning mindset. You have great ambitions for your own development, and for achieving BEC’s goals, which are met through your economic overview, strategic mindset and your ability to get things done. It is in your nature to inspire and support your peers to become even better than you.
You possess a natural drive and the ability to navigate in a complex, dynamic IT and organizational environment. To succeed, you use your analytical skills to extract the essentials from large amounts of data, you convert complex technical information to clear business-related messages and communicate the consequences of initiatives to different stakeholders. You demonstrate authority and have the courage to challenge the existing. As a person you are structured and well-organized. You can open new doors and are also able to say “no” with a smile. Furthermore, we would like you to have:
- A relevant degree in IT or business administration preferably on bachelor level or higher
- Experience with supplier relations and IT-operations from a large organization with a wide portfolio
- Good insight into mainframe and decentralized systems plus Azure and other Cloud solutions - as well as the operational and business/costs models for these including data acquisition methods
- Experience with data management, analysis and presentation using Excel and business intelligence tools
- ITIL certification and experience with the Agile way of working are a plus but not a requirement
- Fluency in both Danish and English, written as well as oral.
A special workplace
You will join a team of 4 passionate, dedicated colleagues in Capacity & Controlling - two capacity managers, an IT operations controller and a license manager – in an informal, busy working environment. BEC emphasize the importance to knowledge sharing and learning, and to have fun while working. The industry, BEC and technologies are evolving rapidly, so you will have excellent opportunities for ongoing development.
Can you see yourself in this role?
If the above has caught your interest, please send us your resumé and application as soon as possible and no later than 24.09.2020. If you have any questions about the position, do not hesitate to contact Department Manager Morten Fabiansson Zwergius, firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2157 7766.