Manager, Data Centres and Computing Services
Job Req Number: 27530
Would you like to impact the IT-infrastructure in a large global organisation? And are you ready to make your data centre experience count in a fast-paced environment where you get to work with top-of-the-line technologies?
Welcome to Data Centres and Computing Services
Joining us at our HQ in Hedehusene, you will become part of Global Network Services where you will head our Data Centres and Computing Services team. The team consists of 8 data centre specialists who are based at various locations across the globe, servicing the more than 60,000 users our global data centres daily provide IT solutions for.
Managing this independent and self-propelled team, you work to ensure that our data centres live up to and support our strategies, providing the best possible services to both users and the business alike.
Manage your team and shape our services
Setting the direction for your team and our data centres, you will need to use your technical insights to design and shape our services. Moreover, as part of the management team, you can look forward to interacting with a wide range of stakeholders across our organisation. For instance, you will be working closely with enterprise architects to ensure that our platforms support our IT strategy.
To name a few, your tasks include:
- Coordinating and planning data centre implementations and hardware replacements
- Capacity planning and stakeholder coordination and consultancy for DSV data centres
- Reporting on data centres to stakeholders
- Designing services running in our hybrid cloud platform (HCP) and project managing HCP implementations
- Participating in the design of hybrid data centre set-up, aligning this with our Cloud team
- Assisting in Global IT solution designs
Hands-on data centre experience
With a solid technical foundation and wide-ranging understanding of how data centres operate, you are ready to use your knowledge of how things are connected to acquaint yourself with our complex set-up.
Your excellent communication skills and decisiveness make you a strong team leader, though you do not need to bring hands-on experience to the table. You take a proactive approach to scheduling management, and your eye for detail means that you are always thorough in your planning. Also, we expect you to:
- Have worked with data centre implementation at enterprise level
- Have experience with hybrid cloud operations
- Have experience with service delivery in a multi-cloud architecture
- Have experience with customer/service management
- Be process savvy and know the importance of GDPR/IT Security/ITIL
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director, Global Communication Services Morten Stensballe on +45 2561 1006. We process applications on an ongoing basis.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.