Master Data Manager
Would you like the opportunity to directly impact the master data in a large international organisation? And are you ready to help pin-point IT Master Data needs and play a vital role in developing our IT Master Data processes?
In DSV Panalpina Global IT, we need to strengthen our focus on IT Master Data and are looking for a strong candidate with hands-on experience within Master Data Management/Governance.
Step into a truly international setting
At our headquarters in Hedehusene, Denmark, you will be joining our IT Asset Management and Tool Governance department. Here you will be responsible for IT Master Data Management in DSV Panalpina Global IT. The team is responsible for all data and processes relating to our IT Asset and Master data, just as it is up to us to ensure that all technical business requirements are met.
You will be part of a team of 3, but you can look forward to working and interacting with colleagues around the globe. More specifically, you will collaborate closely with our Global IT department and other key stakeholders across the DSV organisation.
Define requirements and ensure process excellence
As our new Master Data Specialist, you will be driving master data governance in Global IT to make sure we improve master data quality, our IT processes consistently use master data and enable high-quality reporting in Global IT.
Secondly, you will be responsible for ensuring that the right processes are in place and that these meet the (identified) requirements. Therefore, your key tasks will be to:
- Engage with stakeholders to obtain business requirements and evaluate their input against strategy and existing processes
- Define and communicate the requirements back to the technical team in charge of implementing them
- Document and communicate process descriptions to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategy and roadmap for IT Master Data improvement
- Set up and run our IT Master Data program and initiate necessary initiatives
- Information Lifecycle Management (e.g. setting up standards and policies and facilitate the processes)
- Master Data Management (e.g. ensuring ownership of MDM entities across the IT organisation and collaboration with IT Finance)
- Data Quality Control (e.g. setting up KPI’s, performing data quality assurance testing and reporting discrepancies)
- Supporting day to day issues concerning IT Master Data.
- Participate in projects concerning improvement of CMDB, Asset Management and the TBM-program, which is part of the department.
Diplomatic profile well-versed in process documentation
We are looking for a candidate with a practical, hands-on approach to the management of IT Master Data who has the insight and experience to drive programs and initiatives.
You are self-driven, and with your excellent communication skills and a knack for creating buy-in, you navigate easily within the organisation. You stand firm when challenged and are not afraid to challenge the way we operate and do things. We imagine that you:
- Have experience from a similar position though this is not a requirement
- Have a solid grasp of processes and process documentation, and you have probably worked with project and process management
- Speak and write English effortlessly
- Extensive knowledge of IT (e.g. Assets, processes, development methods and operation).
- Preferably a Master degree in IT, Computer Science, Business IT
- Some knowledge of Technology Business Management (TBM) or Previous experience with development of e.g. Data Warehouse will be considered an advantage.
- High degree of self-motivation and cooperation skills.
- Ability to understand complex environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to cooperate with all management levels in our Global IT organisation and with IT Finance.
- High degree of professional curiosity and personal integrity.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director Nicolai Stumpe on +45 53 73 30 55.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com