IT Systems Engineer
To support our new IT strategy, we are looking for new colleagues within IT Infrastructure and Operations, administrators, engineers and supporters. If you have any of these skills, come join a Global IT organization in a company on an exciting change journey with a fantastic purpose.
Do you enjoy working with challenges on an enterprise-scale within IT infrastructure? Do you have a solid technical background combined with an adaptive mindset, and an ability to translate that into stable and mature solutions?
World leader in allergy
ALK's aspiration is to become the world leader in allergy by helping as many people with allergy to a better life by providing options of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergy. In Global IT, we contribute to this aspiration by supporting the organisation with modern IT tools and technologies, and by delivering world-class support to our many colleagues around the world.
Your role as IT Systems Engineer
Working in collaboration with both application experts, the infrastructure team and end-users, you will take part in designing, implementing, configuring and documenting critical solutions based on a wide range of technologies.
You will be involved in projects for implementation and administration of new infrastructure parts, including a continues transition of the company standard collaboration tools Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business and Exchange where you will manage, design and handle life cycle management in cooperation with system owners and peer infrastructure architects and engineers. Therefore, you need to be able to align the technical and functional requirements of different stakeholders in Global IT and ensure that projects are delivered on time and with the promised specifications.
A strong drive and ability to achieve goals working in teams will be an advantage, as the right technical solution is only one piece of the puzzle.
You will also support, troubleshoot and develop existing systems, to ensure a high level of performance and stability, and be able to come up with innovative solutions to new business needs. GxP Compliance and documentation are a part of our mindset, so experience and demonstrated ability to achieve compliance in an effective and useful way is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a key driver in the adoption and advancement of infrastructure-related services and will contribute significantly to both current and future business-critical systems in ALK. Travel activity is expected from 25 to 40 days per year.
Fields of responsibility
- Participating in the migration and administration of Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Ensure integration of Microsoft Exchange ownership in Infrastructure Services
- Continuously update, maintain and administrate IT collaboration systems
- Assist with the implementation of innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Provide directions to best practice, solutions and advice to management
- Adhere to compliance, perform reporting, troubleshooting and focus on quality
As a candidate for the role you have:
- An education in computer science, engineering or similar
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and complex infrastructure projects, and to communicate and align with peer architects, engineers and management
- Experience with Call Center integrations and Skype for Business
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Office 365 and managing of the platforms
- Knowledge on the administration of Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Knowledge with scripting and automation in Microsoft environments
- Experience with GxP and qualification of computerized systems is an advantage
Global IT at ALK
Global IT at ALK is a global organisation of approximately 110 employees with three main hubs in Hørsholm, Madrid and Krakow and IT staff on our production sites and regional sales hubs in Germany, France and North America. Today, ALK has most IT competencies in-house and you will have qualified colleagues across the globe.
We believe that good results and IT services go hand in hand with securing development and learning opportunities. Employees are encouraged to show respect and help each other every day. You will become part of an IT organization where we put competence and substance over format and presentation and prioritize iterative interactions.
Our new IT strategy contains several new IT programmes and projects aimed at revitalising ALK's IT infrastructure and application landscape. You will have the opportunity to work with and impact our:
- Implementation and administration of collaboration platforms and life-cycle mgmt
- Implementation of new critical infrastructure across Global IT
- Analysis and scoping of new initiatives
Contact and application
If you need further information about the position, please contact Director, Infrastructure Services, Arne Ploug on email@example.com or +45 2268 2213.
We look forward to hearing from you.
ALK helps people living with allergy. By providing solutions that make life with allergy surprisingly simple we make a difference for many people. We build upon a strong heritage as a pioneer in allergy immunotherapy and we will continue to innovate, develop and market new products and solutions for people with allergy. ALK is a global company with production sites in Denmark, France, Spain and the United States. We were founded in Copenhagen in 1923 and today we employ around 2,300 people around the globe. Our headquarter is based in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset and we believe they do their very best every day in the pursuit of new and better allergy treatments and solutions for people with allergy around the world. If you like to have influence and make a difference ALK is the right place so come join us on our exciting journey.