Sentia Denmark is looking for a Senior Software Engineer
Are you the experienced Software Engineer that lives and breathes for development and new technologies? Then you might be the Senior Software Engineer Sentia is looking for!
- Sentia is a Next-Generation Managed Service Provider for complex and critical applications with 20+ years of experience
- We design, migrate, run, manage, and optimize customer infrastructure and applications on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and our own Sentia Cloud
- We are an international company with offices in Bulgaria, The Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark
- We strive towards establishing good and long-lasting relationships with our customers
The Software Engineer will be working within the Enterprise Development team part of the Integration Office of Sentia Group. A department focused on digitally transforming the way Sentia works today via automation, consolidation and centralization initiatives.
At Sentia Group we strive towards maximum value creation internally and externally by increasing the ease to do business. One of the key pillars necessary to support this goal is to ensure our internal and external processes as well as engagement channels are digitalized.
You will be contributing to a headless microservices-based platform, leveraging bleeding edge technologies made available to us via the Public Cloud. If serverless and event-driven architectures are your cup of tea then keep reading.
Skills and Technology
- Relevant working experience: 5-10 years
- You have strong expertise in at one of the following (or similar) open-source languages or frameworks :
- PHP (Symfony, Laravel, plain vanilla, a.o.
- Extensive experience in building distributed systems
- Web-based development, REST API and GraphQL are not unknown to you
- Great knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development and you are able to distinguish how to properly work with unit, integration and regression testing
- Experience with Agile, user stories, sprints and retrospectives
- Advanced spoken and written skills in English
- Analytical mindset with an own opinion on how things should be done
It will also be plus if you have experience in the following areas:
- Relevant certifications on platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Experience with Serverless (Lambda, Azure Functions) and API management (API Gateway, API Management) architectures is a big plus
- Experience with container-based shipping of your code is also a plus
- Understanding how to work with manifests to ship your code via a CI/CD stack (Azure DevOps, GitLab-CI, CodeBuild, …), whether container-based (Helm) or serverless (SAM) is beneficial
Your profile: Can do attitude
You are a Senior Software Engineer, Dev-Ops Engineer (with a focus on Dev) or a Full-Stack Engineer with a downright can-do mentality. We’re looking for a seasoned engineer within your field of expertise not afraid of stepping out of his or her comfort zone when leveraging new technologies.
This is also you:
- You are passionate about development and have a natural interest for new technologies and application architectures
- An analytical mind- where other people see problems, you see solutions
- You are willing to learn and leverage new languages
- Your knowledge and skills help build resilient production systems
- You understand the lifecycle and release management challenges in an agile DevOps world
- You understand that documentation, in a distributed development team, is key for success
- The team will grow with your expertise; you take pride in letting others grow
- Transparent and open communication skills, with various roles at various layers within Sentia Group
- You are always open to and looking for improvements from a development point of view
- Good at creating relationships both locally and in the Sentia group as well as with the rest of the team in the Integration Office
- Excellent in speaking and writing English
We offer: Excellent conditions, personal and professional development
An opportunity for a career start in a truly international company.
We feel it is important for you to excel when working with us so we will do everything in our power to provide you with the opportunity to do so. You’ll find yourself working in an enjoyable environment with driven colleagues.
Besides this you can expect the following:
- Market conform salary with room to grow
- Plenty of growth opportunities, both personal and professional
- Collaborating with almost 600 fun colleagues in Bulgaria, The Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark
Are you our new colleague?
We are very much looking forward to receiving your application and CV in English, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and no later than 31 October 2020. We handle the applications as we receive them and hold ongoing interviews. We want the position filled as soon as possible, but we are happy to wait for the right person.
If you have questions related to the content of the position, you are welcome to contact HR Consultant Sidse Ørndrup on + +45 2510 3804
Sentia Denmark is recognized for industry-leading compliance as well as cloud and business continuity expertise. We offer managed and secure cloud services that allow customers to outsource their IT infrastructure operations and maintenance. We got sister companies in the Netherlands and Belgium, so we continuously ensure European innovation and knowledge sharing in the areas of cloud technology and compliance. As a trusted cloud advisor to private and public organisations, we help define cloud strategies and guide them through successful digitalization, perfectly aligned with business strategies, in line with changing regulatory requirements, and secured modern and multi-layered IT security. This ensures that our customers utilize the full value of the cloud and create competitive advantages as well as business growth.