React front-end developer – from space to web
Are you passionate about front-end development and love working with the newest technologies? Are you organized, self-driven and motivated to work with environmental insights from space satellites?
About DHI GRAS
At DHI GRAS we connect Earth observations from space with people. We make interactive, responsive and intuitive web apps to bring ever-growing capabilities of remote sensing to those who need it.
We are an international team of remote sensing experts, data scientists, software and project developers. We bring information on the environment, water, renewable energy, urban development and many more areas of our physical environment to the public and clients all over the world. With efficient and advanced web technologies, we offer our users large amounts of information in the browser. We are expanding our front-end dev capacity and want you to join our dynamic team!
DHI GRAS is at the same time a small, agile company, and a global enterprise: We are the space-specialist daughter company of DHI with offices all around the world. We are located at the group’s headquarters in Hørsholm and closely work together with our colleagues in Denmark and abroad to share knowledge, experience and support functions.
Get a feel of our latest web applications at https://www.dhi-gras.com/online-tools
- Design and build interactive web applications using React
- Be curious and innovative to understand our users’ challenges and explore new methods and technologies
- Collaborate closely with our skilled back-end developers to make data flow from storage to user
- Write clean and reusable code and strive for best practice and dev-friendliness
- Take responsibility for our solutions and a decisive role in shaping them
- Keep progressing and learning through knowledge exchange and sparring across the global company
- Anywhere from early-career to experienced
- Comfortable using Git and GitHub
- Proactive, self-driven and can-do attitude
- Curious to work with web map frameworks such as Mapbox GL, OpenLayers or Leaflet
- Experienced in developing web applications that involve data and APIs
- Good at communicating and proficient in English. Knowing some Danish is an advantage.
- Knowledge or curiosity of working with geospatial data and maps
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Plotly.js, Highcharts or D3.js
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps, GitHub actions, and clouds like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience with WebGL
- Flair for light-weight deployment, dev-friendliness, low-maintenance
- A versatile and challenging job with a focus on developing and expanding your skills
- A social and fun international working environment with innovative and dedicated colleagues on Slack and in-person
- Work on projects that have an immediate positive impact on the real world
- Close interaction with our satellite data experts, software devs, UI/UX designers, and project developers
- Strong culture for feedback and recognition for your work
- A very open tech stack. Know something that makes your life easier and our apps faster, more robust, nicer – we are all ears.
- Start-up feeling in terms of innovation and spirit, with the stability of an experienced business
- Nice office space and equipment in DHI’s newly built headquarters in green surroundings in Hørsholm
- Delicious lunch prepared by our own kitchen, fruit, coffee and tea
- Fun and varied company events like Friday bars, seasonal parties and outings (once COVID-safety allows)
- A healthy work environment with room for family and social life
- Remote work flexibility
Want to know more?
For further information please visit DHI-GRAS.COM or contact Head of Software and Technology Jonas Sølvsteen (JOSL@DHIGROUP.COM) + 45 4516 9479 or Managing Director Rasmus Eskerod Borgstrøm, (RLB@DHIGROUP.COM), Tel +45 4516 9486