Experienced Software Test Engineer – for helping save lives
Are you interested in testing cutting edge eLearning solutions that can make a difference and help save lives? Come join our Applications Team at Laerdal Copenhagen!
The Applications team is a band of motivated players who work on a range of projects with different complexities and technical challenges. We are charged with implementing and testing complex digital learning simulation platforms and solutions, keeping up with continuous deployment schedules and releases. Each day brings a new set of fun challenges.
Our digital self-learning solutions integrate with training manikins to improve clinical practice for health care providers. We need a strong player that can lift the test bar for our digital self-learning solutions pipelines. As a Software Test Engineer, software development team, including developers, designers, product owners, to ensure a constant and consistent high bar of quality while ensuring that all deadlines are met. It is important that you have the motivation and drive to improve the existing test automation processes and optimize the team’s testing efforts.
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
- Testing deliverables for the Self-learning skills product pipeline using manual and automated testing methods
- Collaborating as part of a scrum team, performing thorough software testing including functional, regression, performance and deployment testing
- Coordinating the test efforts performed by in house testers and an extended team in our Laerdal Bangalore office
- Creating product test plans and writing and refining test cases for new features and systems
- Estimating and planning test efforts
- Identifying, troubleshooting, reporting and verifying bugs, troubleshooting across the entire system of software and hardware (manikin).
- Mentoring, and assisting junior QA Testers
- You are passionate about testing and able to have fun with it. A casual, open and fun work environment is important for you and a place where you can thrive.
- As a person, you are proactive, self-motivated and have a can-do attitude. You take challenges as an instrument of growth and you can adapt to change easily. You are also able to influence people around you and drive change.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills. You verbalize to others what is on your mind, adapting to different audiences depending on the situation. You have a good sense for when issues need to be escalated.
Your Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4+ years of QA experience working in a team-oriented environment
- In depth knowledge of testing approaches and concepts.
- The ability to understand all phases of software development, and to efficiently monitor, diagnose, and prioritize testing duties is critical to success in this role.
- Strong experience in testing, developing test plans and writing test cases;
- Hands-on experience with project and test management tools: Jira/X-Ray
- Experience working as part of a scrum team
- Experience with Test automation in the context of CI/CD
- Experience writing automation scripts and tools for Web UI
- A focused and proactive approach towards QA, with the ability to work under pressure
- An interest in developing domain and product knowledge to help facilitating bug triage meetings
- You speak and write English fluently due to our collaboration with international offices and partners.
Who are we?
Laerdal Medical is a world leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives.
The Laerdal Copenhagen office is our global headquarters for eLearning Software research and development. More than a million healthcare providers use our eLearning products each year, and we intend to increase the number of our users significantly over the coming years.
We are highly respected for our products and this gives us the opportunity to change how Life Support and First Aid education is delivered in the future. This means applying new platforms, the latest technologies, and innovative solutions to our challenges.
If you want to learn more about us, please visit www.laerdal.com.
Laerdal Medical offers a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company sponsored social activities and perks.
Please, note that we will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis.