Business Analyst for DC's Digitalisation Journey
Do you dream of working in the span between IT and business? Do you have what it takes to be part of executing our ambitious digitalisation strategy? And are you looking for an opportunity to have great impact on the decision making process? Then you might be the right candidate for this opening!
Business analysis at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is an international energy trading company. Every day, we complete more than 5750 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most.
PMO & Business Analysis is a sub-team to our IT Projects & Portfolio Management team. We mature IT business cases and execute IT projects, which means that we are responsible for turning innovative business ideas into sustainable IT solutions that support our corporate strategy and digitalisation journey in the best way possible. Working across the full DC value chain, our business analysts play a key role in understanding the commercial rationale and defining the best-fit implementation plan given the context and requirements.
Join a team where we deliver great solutions through excellent collaboration
You will join a diverse team of eight colleagues consisting of both project managers and business analysts. Our proactive mindset and different levels of seniority is what make us a strong team, ready to challenge status quo and face projects of different natures and complexities. We are driven by creating results and making a difference for DC. And we all agree, the only way to success is through teamwork and strong collaboration with our stakeholders.
Your way to becoming a Business Analyst extraordinaire
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our guidelines and principles. One of your first assignments will be to join our ‘Power Programme’ as the co-responsible for the business analysis deliverables together with one of your Business Analyst colleagues. When fully onboarded, you will drive smaller projects on your own and play an important role in one of our bigger cross-organisational IT projects. It could be in respect to our ongoing market expansion outside Europe or in relation to our continuous efforts to improve operations in existing markets. On the longer term, you will have acquired enough knowledge about your domain, the DC value chain and our IT services in general to actively shape the digitalisation journey within our power trading business.
"On the longer term, you will play a key role in shaping the digitalisation journey of our power business" - Simon Meyer Christiansen, Manager, Head of Business Analysis.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- draw up solution designs, identify relevant cost/benefit figures and ensure proposed solutions live up to our IT principles
- drive workshops and/or interviews with project stakeholders to understand and communicate detailed requirements (project scope)
- identify and drive relevant business change initiatives
- conduct functionality tests on systems before release
- challenge scope decisions when needed and give input to the strategic direction within your area of expertise
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree in International Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- have 2-3 years of experience from a similar position
- have solid problem solving, communication and visualisation skills. Experience from management consultancy or similar is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- have well-rounded business and IT knowledge. If you can explain the basics behind PnL and MtM calculations AND describe what an API and a data warehouse are used for, we’re off to a good start
- have knowledge about energy trading and the energy markets is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- have knowledge about SQL, PowerBI and UX design is a plus but not a prerequisite
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are curious and pro-active; the job is to understand other people’s job and always being able to explain ‘why’ we do what we do
- are resilient and robust; we work with a high degree of uncertainty and we should be comfortable challenging stakeholders when needed
- are a natural team player; we are dependent on a good collaboration with the teams around us and we aim to reach the finish line together – and get there first!
- take a positive view: we work hard to be the best at what we do, but we have fun while we do it
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
GET IN TOUCH
Simon Meyer Christiansen
Manager, Head of PMO & Business Analysis
T: +45 31367353
Application deadline: 07/11.