DevOps specialist for Development Excellence
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for a DevOps Specialist ready to share and grow
As a DevOps specialist, you will take part of develop and implement the strategy for DevOps in BEC. You will become part of a new department and with very skilled colleagues with different specializations within DevOps, both in Roskilde, where you will be working, as well as in Poland. The department is especially attractive because of its area of focus in BEC, to ensure a higher efficiency and quality.
The purpose of the department is to mature DevOps in BEC to be among the best in the financial sector in Denmark. To do this, we take a holistic approach and include disciplines from writing high quality, maintainable code to monitoring our own solutions. You will be working both with new cloud-based solutions in Microsoft Azure, but also older solutions such as Mainframe.
It is important that the DevOps principles being implemented, creates value for business and ultimately our customers. It must have measurable effect on waste, delivery rate and quality, and at the same time contribute to a high level of satisfaction of the employees adopting this.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as DevOps Specialist, you will work closely with the development organization in BEC which include 11 agile release trains (ARTs), and altogether 75 agile development teams who implement new concepts and even stronger IT-solutions for the banks. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist teams in areas on how to conduct effective code review, how-to use tool to improve quality in code, like static code analysis, as well as how to implement monitoring
- Help BEC ARTs and agile teams with implementing DevOps
- Implement both technical and cultural change projects as defined in BEC’s DevOps strategy
- Contribute to the continued development of BEC’s DevOps strategy
- Contribute to the documentation of DevOps concepts and guidelines in BEC
- Be internal consultant on DevOps and advisor to teams in BEC
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have a background as developer and a good sense of the principles of ’good code’, and preferably knowledge of tools to support this. You have a ’full stack’ experience, not only for developing, but also knowledge of areas like developer tools, infrastructure, monitoring tools, network and preferably security.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC' you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Have previous experience in methods of DevOps, concepts, implementation or similar
- Have previous experience with several of the following technologies: Git, Bitbucket, Azure, Kafka, Docker, Scripting languages, IaC, Monitoring/Elk, Java, Angular, COBOL
- Have a relevant analytic education within IT
- You are passionate about build-in quality and process optimization and automation
- You are good at creating relations, patient and empathic, as you will build up a big network throughout the organization
- You possess drive and thrive on challenges, also when difficult
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than Oct. 30, 2020. We would like your application as soon as possible, as we will conduct interviews on an on-going basis, until the right candidate has been found. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Lars Kalmar Hansen, department manager at +45 4638 2511.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.