DevOps code coach
Are you eager to be a part of something bigger? Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? Are you among the best developers when it comes to code design and code quality? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a DevOps code coach ready to share and grow
As a DevOps code coach, you will be part of a team, who is facilitating the use and maturity of Software Craftsmanship and DevOps mindset and practices for the entire development organisation in BEC. You will act as a coach across BEC’s 80 development teams, educating and coaching teams and individuals and at the same time consolidate the use of practices and learnings from the teams in central documentation of concepts. The department owns the process for code review, where you will also have a key role in helping teams to get more value of doing code review.
You will be a part of BEC’s DevOps Center of Excellence with 5+ highly qualified colleagues working with maturing all DevOps disciplines across BEC’s development organisation.
Your everyday work takes place in an agile set-up using the SAFe framework, where you are urged to bring your talent into play in a well-established full-service IT house. Here you will help develop high-quality future-proof IT solutions to the Danish financial sector.
You will have great opportunities to develop yourself, as we are focusing on looking for new technologies. For the job you will have on the job training, self-education, highly competent colleagues and conferences to expand your skillset.
The development technologies are among others Java, Angular and Cobol.
There will occasionally be some travel activities to our nearshoring office in Warsaw.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as DevOps code coach, you will work closely with the entire development organization. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Educate and coach developers across all BEC development teams on code design, code quality and code maintainability
- Inspire and develop a Software Craftsmanship and DevOps mindset across all development teams
- Develop and document good practices for good code in central concepts
- Contribute to cross-organisational activities like DevOps Community of Practice (CoP)
- Help teams use code review for improving quality, shared ownership and knowledge sharing
- Help introduce tooling to support better code quality and maintainability, like SonarQube and how to work with this effectively
- Define metrics that can be used to measure progress
- Contribute to further development DevOps concepts and guidelines in BEC
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s level within IT.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you will join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- A team player, who loves coaching colleagues to better coding
- Skilled in Software Craftsmanship mindset and principles, SOLID principles, Clean Code practices and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with code design principles and practices on OO code, preferably including Java
- Experience with working effectively with code review, getting high value of doing this
- Good understanding of Cobol or interest in getting this
- Keen interest in developing “Clean Code and Code design” techniques for Cobol in close collaboration with the Cobol developers in BEC
- Experience from one or more highly mature DevOps teams
- Experience with educating and coaching colleagues on code design
- Experience from the financial sector (or other highly regulated sector) is a plus
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than October 30, 2020. We would like your applications as soon as possible, as we will conduct interviews on an on-going basis, until the right candidate has been found. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Lars Kalmar Hansen, department manager at +45 29 80 85 00.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.