Senior UX/UI Designer
A hybrid UX/UI Designer
Are you looking for opportunities to immerse yourself with emerging technologies? And how does solving hard and meaningful problems in digital health sound? Good? Good! Because at Vital Beats we're on a mission to revolutionize the treatment of pacemaker patients all over the world, and we're looking for a UX/UI specialist to join our growing team to help make that mission a reality.
You’ll be central in all phases of our design work. From conducting fieldwork at hospitals and at home with patients (once it's safe again) to turning the requirements and insights into easy-to-use solutions and work with our software teams to make them a reality. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products are intuitive and create value. And not least join us on our journey to transform healthcare to become preventive and personalised for the benefit of heart patients all around the world.
Our goal is to build the best product to improve the lives of pacemaker patients all over the world!
Who's at the party?
We are born out of the PhD research carried out by our founders at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark from 2008-2018. Prior to founding Vital Beats, our CEO, Jonas Moll, studied the treatment and care of remotely monitored pacemaker patients for 10 years. First during his PhD and later as Assistant Professor. Then in 2018, Vital Beats was spun out from the university and we've grown ever since.
We are an interdisciplinary team with focus on achieving great results but doing so while having a great time together. We all share the passion for ensuring a motivating and inspiring work environment, where we fully support each other so we can build the best next generation of healthcare solutions.
We're an ambitious bunch as our work enhance the lives of patients while making clinicians more efficient at the same time, which is no easy task to accomplish.
Making a difference together
It's hard for hospitals to strike the balance between cutting costs and delivering better care for patients. But that's exactly what we do with our software platform. We build an AI-driven decision support platform with classic work process optimization and smart visualizations of medical data.
We’re here to make an impact and have the best time together while doing it. Even though we’re still a small team and we firmly believe that we should all understand the purpose of what we do. So no one will just hand things off to another team and forget about it.
We're solving heart problems
Doing health tech right is difficult for a number of reasons. Some are technology-related: stability, security, transparency and reproducibility, which are a different beast than the typical throughput and scaling. Standards and protocols for health tech are still evolving and often misappropriated, and so often require creative solutions. Other reasons are more practical: different hospitals and clinics simply have different workflows and this can and does impact the way we have to design software to support those individualities.
We're super proud that Danish hospitals use our platform daily, but we have so much more we want to achieve.
But enough about us!
What you'll bring to the party
You share the passion of creating solutions that make a difference in the everyday lives of patients and clinicians. You'd love conducting fieldwork at hospitals, user-research, wire-framing, writing up user-stories, mapping user-journeys and workflows, and interactive prototyping.
- You're a fast learner with a positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- You're a self-motivated, collaborative spirit and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You're persuasive, persistent, and patient
- You love to translate insights from fieldwork into high-level conceptual sketches as well as prototypes (high and low fidelity)
- You feel comfortable standing at a whiteboard or with a pen and paper, to draw an idea or argue for your proposed solutions to your colleagues
- You are a strong visual designer and have experience working closely with developers
- You are fluent in Danish and have a high level of English (Danish is a must because you need to engage and connect with patients and clinicians here in Denmark)
- You have awareness of current trends in user interface design
- A strong knowledge of UCD and UX principles and methodologies
- A portfolio of work demonstrating UX methodologies, creative thinking, problem solving, and the application of UCD
- Proficient with industry-standard design and rapid prototyping tools (I.e. Sketch, Marvel App, Figma, Invision, Framer, or similar)
Icing on the cake
- You've got start-up experience and have collaborated with software developers earlier in your career
- You're design-driven and user-centered
- You're solution-oriented on top of identifying problems
How to apply
Click the link "Apply online" and you’ll be taken to our company page on the Hub, where you can submit your resume.
For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.