System architect for Capital Markets - Risk and Data
Are you eager to be a part of something bigger? Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a system architect ready to share and grow
As a system architect, you will be a key influencer for architecture in the organization and towards BEC’s partners. This by supporting the banks’ investments in innovation and modernization through APIs and modern architectures.
You will be based at our location on Havsteensvej in Roskilde, working for the Capital Markets – Risk and Data development area. As system architect you are part of the agile leadership team in your development area and your job is to make sure the architectural vision is followed, and that the architectural maturity is lifted in the area. This through active participation in the development of tech leads working in the area. The development area has around 60 employees.
Capital Markets - Risk and Data ART (agile release train) deliver a full-fledged Capital Markets Platform based on Calypso to our banks. The usage is evolving, and the platform will support both front office, middle office and back office activities for a broad range of products to our customers. The area is also responsible for regulatory reporting within the Capital Market area where a new platform currently is under implementation. BI solutions are provided by exposing data from the system landscape in DSA and Business Object reports. Finally, the area also covers market data like real time prices and the distribution of that into platforms, netbank etc.
One of the main areas of development in the area is regulatory reporting, which is crucial for our partners’ ability to provide timely and correct compliance reporting on regulatory schemes.
It is therefore an advantage that you have knowledge about reporting platforms experience with data warehouse architecture principles. Further as we are transitioning more and more towards cloud provided solution, knowledge about cloud infrastructure concepts is an advantage.
Organizationally, you will belong to the System Architecture department which together with BEC’s enterprise architects are responsible for the cross-cutting architecture of BEC’s system landscape, and defining the architectural strategy, vision and principles for BEC. We are currently 24 system architects and enterprise architects, each of whom helps BEC's development areas. We work closely together through sparring, common professional interest and shared governance processes.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as system architect, you will work closely with Capital Markets – Risk and Data ART management team and the banks. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist and facilitate architecture development via active engagement with both stakeholders in BEC and towards the banks
- Define and communicate a common technical and architectural vision for the Capital Markets – Risk and Data area, which is rapidly evolving
- Drive architectural transitions for the development area and promote dialogue and awareness of architecture in all teams so the needed architecture is implemented as desired
- Support and engage in the continuous learning culture and foster creativity and exploration in the agile teams through delegation, coaching and sparring
- Participate in the creation of common goals for the overall architecture in BEC
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background at bachelor’s or master’s level within computer science or software engineering and 5-10 years of experience from a similar position working with data warehouse architecture, software architecture or development leadership.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- You are motivated by being at the forefront of ensuring a good architecture in your development area, which is coherent with the architecture throughout BEC
- Your personal drive and empathy make it easy for you to take leadership and responsibility for architecture in your ART
- You work independently and proactively seeks engagement in the architectural work
- You have strong facilitation skills and can efficiently drive the architectural decision-making process
- You are outgoing and you manage to be visionary and innovative even though you meet resistance
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than October 30, 2020. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Mark Barnkob on +45 61 56 71 42.