The Most Desired Audio Brand
At Bang & Olufsen, we strive to be the most desired audio brand in the world. For more than 90 years we’ve developed products that change moods, inspire minds and instill pride in all of us. We are passionate innovators, using our deep knowledge and collaboration skills to solve and simplify complex challenges every day, each of us driven by the profound effect sound can have on the mind. We welcome others that share our passion.
Join us to take responsibility for global network, telephony and infrastructure to accelerate your steep learning curve in a challenging environment.
As our new Network Specialist, you will join Group IT at our office in either Struer or Lyngby. Here, you will be responsible for managing the networks across our organisation, thus supporting our business by making sure everything runs seamlessly. Doing so, you will:
- Identify risks and issues to minimise downtime or outages
- Assist in case of major incidents
- Maintain the infrastructure and network set-up in our national sales offices
- Collaborate closely with our provider as well as our IT Security and DevOps teams to optimise our Azure foundation
- Support your team’s effort to deliver excellent services to our internal customers so they can utilise and benefit from cloud technology
- Create and maintain the processes to keep an optimised footprint in Azure
- Work continuously to learn new elements within the public cloud
Joining Group IT, you will become part of a small and pragmatic team consisting of 20 dedicated colleagues. We are all here to execute on company strategy and team vision which is to support the business in the best and most cost-effective way. Doing so, we are working towards becoming more and more agile, cooperating closely in various constellations depending on the task at hand. So, if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, you will fit right in.
“You’ll join a team that has truly embraced the spirit of teamwork and where everyone has a say. We all come up with ideas on how to make things better, so joining us, you’ll get to shape and define your own work,” explains Senior Manager Elin Schmidt.
As a team, we work together across our two locations in Lyngby and Struer, and you can be based at either, however, most of your nearest colleagues work from our office in Struer.
So, you should expect to travel between the two destinations when needed. Just as you should expect international travel to our sales offices in New York, Singapore, Shanghai and major cities in Europe, taking on the responsibility for their networks and infrastructure. This will amount to approx. 20-25 days per year.
What you bring
You are a self-driven network specialist with a deep knowledge of on-prem and cloud networks as well as knowledge about all components related to implementation, monitoring and maintenance on hybrid network solutions.
Moreover, you bring:
- Insight into windows server platforms and areas such as AD, DHCP and RDS, and if you have experience with Azure cloud technology and cloud migration this is a huge plus
- Basic encryption and certificate knowledge
- Familiarity with telephone systems as part of the network assignments
- Experience with PowerShell, and if you are familiar with VMware, this is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and Danish in both speech and writing
- An eagerness to make a difference and the ability to dig into issues and making things happen
Ready to join the most desired audio brand in the world?
Then submit your CV and application in English by pressing the "Apply online" button. Applications are assessed continuously, so please apply as soon as possible and no later than 5 November 2020.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Elin Schmidt on ELSC@bang-olufsen.dk. Please do not send your CV and application to this e-mail directly as these will not be taken into consideration.
Read more about our recruitment process and explore your career opportunities within Bang & Olufsen here.
Empowerment drives our innovation
We are a company of approximately 900 employees and that makes us small, agile and gives room for individual flexibility and decision-making – this is how we work best. Our hierarchy is flat and our communication is open and trustworthy. We believe that constructive feedback makes us grow as individuals and as a company, and our leadership is based on a clear direction and facilitating collaboration across functions and borders. We believe strongly in mutual respect and have a genuine interest in learning from each other.
We are more than just a workplace
Life is more fun when it is shared and experienced with others. We collaborate, create and innovate on a global scale every day and we celebrate and enjoy life together too. We do Musical Fridays, sports events and get together around good food and celebrate local traditions, all centered around our passion for music.