Network Security Engineer
At Centrica Energy Trading A/S we are continuously striving to strengthen our infrastructure by optimizing security, performance and reliability, and therefore we are looking for a new team member in our Operations Team who can help us achieve our goals.
The position is primarily a network role, but you will bring networking skills and knowledge into the security area. Therefore, you must be prepared to go beyond the reach of regular networking operations to contribute within the area of security.
At Centrica Energy Trading’s Network Team, you will have the means to define our future infrastructure to meet business requirements.
As a way of work, you must always priorities a stabile production environment, never show a compromise for the second-best solution, and always highlight know risks to stakeholders. You will continue to improve our infrastructure by pitching in creativity and questioning existing setups. Deep diving into new technology is a must, and such tasks must spark passion and genuine curiosity with you.
You as a person will have to be self-engaged with your assigned tasks and willing to drive tasks by you own hand thus reaching out for other team members and external resources.
Your primary responsibility will be managing and developing our network infrastructure and participate in security operations. You will work closely with our support, infrastructure and security teams during office hours, and at some point, be part of our AHS (after hours support) rotation. We also have Development and SCADA teams that you will be collaborating with daily.
Your main areas of responsibility:
- To various degree manage, maintain and support our Cisco network environment, consisting of security, wireless, datacenter, routing and switching portfolio.
- Support various security products (disclosed) (Tenable, Umbrella, FTD, ISE…)
- Participate in security operations in cross-team collaboration internally and with external partners
- Firewall management, ACLs, NAT, VPN etc.
- Network troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Daily monitoring and optimization hereof
- Contribute to the development of internal networking by bringing in new technology or re-designing existing setup
- Create and maintain system documentation
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, which means you must be ready to quickly adapt to new challenges. You have hands on experience with Cisco technology, primarily next-gen firewall and security solutions, and to a certain degree knowledge within other areas (wireless, R&S, Datacenter) that will help collaboration with the team and to external partners.
You understand the importance of procedure, process and governance and preferable have experience from similar process driven environments.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- Operational experience and understanding of basic infrastructure (AD, ESXi, MS infrastructure, PKI…)
- Network skill level equivalent to CCNP within the security domain (certification not required)
- Strong network diagnostics and troubleshooting skills
- Being able to demonstrate that you are not confined to network operations only, but able to extent your abilities into other parts of the infrastructure
- Understand the importance of SecOps and the role it plays within the business
- Attentive to quality and understand the importance of maintaining a stable technical/production environment
- Understand that being proactive and exercising due diligence is key factors that contribute to a professional level of operational excellence
- Flexible and able to collaborate with your team while maintaining a high degree of independence
- Strong interest in learning new technology and seek out new opportunities
- Experience with pro-active monitoring deployments.
- Eager to engage with training partners to increase skill level
At Centrica we recognize that a career in IT requires continuous learning. We engage in Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities - ranging from Foosball tournaments to LAN Parties - bringing in people from the entire Aalborg office.
We will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis and keep the position open until we have found the right candidate.
Questions? Feel free to contact Michael Selmer Bartholomæussen, Manager of Infrastructure & Networking Michael.Bartholomaeussen@centrica.com
About Centrica Energy Trading
Centrica Energy Trading is an international energy asset management company with activities in power, gas and related commodity markets throughout Europe. Centrica Energy Trading is a part of Centrica plc which employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and has activities across the globe, which provides our employees with the opportunity to work in a worldwide organization.
In our Aalborg office we are 325 employees with 25 different nationalities. Combined with an academic working environment, this has all resulted in a unique atmosphere, where new ways of thinking and innovative ideas are part of the way we work.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply online' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply online’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.