Senior Software Developer (server side)
Softpay is changing the way shops and consumers are making payments, by building an app that works as a contactless payment terminal on regular phones - thereby disrupting the existing payment terminal industry. Tap-to-phone solutions has just become possible from the most innovative card schemes, and we want to become the best.
We are working with the global payments schemes and regional payment providers, to make our vision a reality, and we have engaged with a number of large merchants and POS vendors, who are ready for our solution when we launch it.
You will become part of a dedicated and experienced team, expected to work most on our back-end, where you develop new or extend existing features and integrate with partners with the rest of the Engineering team.
We can offer you an opportunity to become part of leading edge development, with a chance to learn and grow with the product. Great working culture with few formal procedures and limits, and a competitive salary with benefits, such as health insurance, daily subsidized lunch and company events.
Softpay is a spin-off from Unwire, who has been in the mobile payment industry for many years and who we share the Copenhagen office with.
Job overall purpose
- To develop high quality software, primarily server-side, on a new software product for the European market.
You will be a key player in ensuring that Softpay can work with existing and new partners, and evolves over time with increased requirements from the market.
The team is experienced and consist of product owner, software architects, back-end and client-side developers, QA manager, DevOps and a few more roles – where we use an agile development process.
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- Design and build advanced back-end payment software in C and Java, running cloud-based (AWS).
- Work with payment acquirers, their transaction processing and integrate our back-end with the payment terminal management system (TMS) of theirs.
- Ensure high degree of security and performance, in a PCI DSS and PCI CPOC environment.
- Improve existing features, performance and stability
- Write tests and automate processes and delivery as much as possible, in respect of requirements and compliance.
- Follow your product and platform to secure knowledge of “what’s going on”
- Substantial developer experience
- Experience with coding in C and Java
- Experience from card payment solutions and payment terminals / TMS
- Experience with ISO 8583, APACS, NEXO or similar payment protocols
- PCI DSS knowledge
- Strong analytical and understanding extensive tech specifications
- You are ambitious and strive for quality in everything you do. And you expect the same from your colleagues.
- Fluent communicator in English both written and orally
- Master of Science in Software Engineering or similar
Contact and location
The interview will take place in Copenhagen. The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: email@example.com or phone 2999 9040.