Chief Technology Officer
Are you able to combine a brilliant technical mindset with commercial flair and strategic vision? Are you ready for an exiting journey in one of Denmark’s largest providers of software for the life and pension industry? Do you want the opportunity to develop and grow with some of the sharpest software minds in the business? Then you may be our new Chief Technology Officer.
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to guide our business and technical strategy, lead people, make key architectural decisions and help bring our software to the next level. You will be responsible for the budget of your department and for approximately 100 software professionals located in our main office in Frederiksberg and in Warsaw.
The ideal candidate will have prior leadership experience with a software application company, as all technology, software engineering and systems architecture will be overseen by you.
You will also be responsible for improving the software delivery process by minimizing development time, rework, and overheads. Ensuring scalability and compliance is also something you will think and act on regularly. This involves understanding and contributing to our business growth strategy and ensuring that the technology enables it.
It is an exciting time for Edlund and our new CTO, as we are in the process of completing the first major customer delivery of our new industry solution, and you will therefore have to take an experienced team to a new level.
What we expect from the right candidate:
- You have 5+ years of direct people management in technical teams and 8+ years of software development lifecycle experience
- You have a commercial mindset combined with strong technical skills
- You have experience with Microsoft .Net framework, Microsoft C#, Microsoft Azure and DevOps
- You have excellent people management skills
- Coaching, developing and managing teams comes naturally to you
- You communicate complex problems in a simple and effective way in order to influence others
- You can set and execute a clear vision
- You have experience setting the technical strategy for a product and taking the lead on the execution
- You understand the balance between agile development and project delivery of planned content on time, in the expected quality and within budget
- You have experience working in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar
Accountabilities, Goals, and Outcomes:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Agile mindset using SCRUM
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLAs
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
You will report to Chief Executive Officer Gert Bendsen and be a part of the senior management team where you will work closely together with your peers in management.
Edlund A/S provide flexible and time-saving IT solutions for the life and pension industry, we are behind the leading industry solution for policy administration. We have more than 25 years of experience and are market leaders in the Danish market. Edlund A/S has a revenue of approximately 250 MDKK and 225-250 employees.
Want to know more?
Contact CEO Gert Bendsen on 26314226. Send your application no later than the 30th of November. We will review candidate as they come in, so be sure to send your application as soon as possible.
Om Edlund A/S
Edlund A/S er et moderne softwarehus med omkring 300 medarbejdere. Vi udvikler branchespecifikke systemer til pensions- og forsikringsbranchen. Edlund implementerer og vedligeholder desuden løsningerne hos kunderne samt leverer konsulentydelser til disse. Edlund har en unik position baseret på stærk brancheforståelse kombineret med medarbejdernes høje akademiske kompetencer inden for fagområderne aktuarvidenskab, finansmatematik og datalogi. Vores produkter og konsulentydelser er forretningskritiske for aftagerne, og Edlund lægger vægt på at have en meget tæt relation til kunderne. Vi er kendt for høj kvalitet i leverancerne samt stor troværdighed og ekspertise, som vi har opnået gennem mere end 25 år på markedet".