System Admin needed
We believe communication changes the world. We also believe in using technology tools to process data and deliver the most valuable insights to our customers.
The position as a System Administrator
Infomedia is a leading technology driven media intelligence agency. We work with tons of data and our customers expect us to find and deliver the correct data for them in close to real-time. Our customers and internal users also expect our platform to be up and ready 24/7.
Our tech department is small, but we deliver big. All our applications are created in-house and we have both backend and frontend developers, an AI-team, software testers and project managers. We are a department with great diversity; thus you will become part of a department with many different kinds of people and where unity, involvement and having fun while working is highly valued.
You will be part of Tech Operations, a team with a shared responsibility of running the ~350 VMs that make up our platform. We do everything from security patching, load balancing, scaling of solutions, deployment of applications, SQL maintenance, etc. We try to automate as many processes as possible, including centralized server and application monitoring. We run both Linux servers with open source technology, and Windows servers with .Net technology. A third-party provider runs the physical servers, but experience with VMWare can be a benefit.
Aside from our specialized product platform, we also host and maintain a normal office domain with Office 365, Active Directory, ADFS integrations with CRM-systems, client deployments etc. Here we support about 150 colleagues in Copenhagen and have additional offices (with local IT support) in Oslo, Stockholm and Tallinn.
Your tasks and key responsibilities
As our new System Admin, you will become a part of a 5-man team (+ student, + supporters at filial in Stockholm, Tallinn and Oslo). We always work to better our platform and we expect you to pitch-in with identifying and bettering improvement areas. This can be everything from security issues, to unhealthy servers and poor configuration.
- Do standard maintenance on servers (VMs)
- Deploy / resize VMs when new are needed or scaling needs have changed
- Deploy in-house built applications (including AI), set up load balancing, DNS, service accounts, etc.
- Execute projects like updating Rabbit MQ, Solr, HA Proxy, Zabbix, integrate Azure AD with a new system, etc.
- Pitch-in on regular IT-support tasks when necessary
- Be part of our off-hour’s duty plan (very few calls)
We would like to hear from you, if you ...
- Are a system administrator generalist with main focus on hosting OS and applications
- Are quick to understand complex systems. For instance how the down-time of one micro service might affect an end-user product
- Have experience with (or interest in learning) centralized monitoring of systems
- Have experience with (or interest in learning) Office 365 and Azure
- Have experience with (or interest in learning) running both Windows and Linux servers
- Are service minded, independent and inclusive in your approach to colleagues
- It is an advantage if you are skilled at keeping up with multiple deadlines and priorities while keeping calm.
What do we have to offer?
- An exciting and progressive place to work, with offices all over the Nordic countries.
- An opportunity to work with some of the greatest companies, private organisations, and governmental organisations in the Nordics.
- An attractive position with a chance to define your own role as well as personal and professional development.
- A professional work environment and great colleagues, who are always willing to lend a helping hand.
- A company with a great atmosphere, many social events and monthly Friday bars (which are temporarily closed due to COVID-19). You will feel welcome and a part of the company from day one.
- Freedom with responsibility, room for differences and an egalitarian corporate structure.
- A unique location in the centre of Copenhagen with a view of the Round Tower.
Are you interested in the position?
The position is a full-time job, and we are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Please send your application and your resume through the application platform. Please note that we only accept applications through the application platform due to GDPR regulations. Please do not send any documents with your social security number.
We will be conducting interviews continuously.
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact the hiring manager Claus L. Henriksen Claus.L.Henriksen@infomedia.dk.
Infomedia is the leading media intelligence company in the Nordic countries. We monitor everything written or said throughout editorial and social media around the world by using a combination of advanced technology, complex algorithms, and a team of professional, skilled employees.
Our extensive database and talented employees place us as the industry leader for media monitoring, analysis, and communication. We aim to give our customers insight into an increasingly complex media landscape through our media monitoring, reports, and counselling.
As the market leader, Infomedia aims to set new standards on how to help companies make informed decisions about their communication strategies across media channels, and thus help our customers achieve their business goals and protect their brand.