As IT Architect at Falck you own the overall architecture of the agile team. You will drive decisions towards standardisation to ensure a more streamlined overall IT landscape and be the lead for choosing supporting technology. One of the main responsibilities will also be to communicate the chosen architecture in a way that both customers and developers understand.
About the job
The Architect plays an important role in the agile delivery team - both in breaking down features into User Stories, but also in directing the architecture activities of the team. The role requires very good attention to detail because the Archtiect will frequently be needed to examine functional specifications and translate them into Tasks in User Stories. It will fall largely on the shoulders of the Architect to ensure adherence to overall Enterprise Architecture which is set by the Architecture Center of Excellence in Falck.
As you will be part of a delivery team it is expected that you help with specifying requirements and in some cases also help with implementing them.
- Ensure User Stories reflect business requirements
- Responsible for the quality of the IT solutions delivered by Falck Global IT
- Ensure high quality design for solutions
- Involves, influences, and challenges stakeholders and decision makers across business and IT
- Must verify that the implementation meets the agreed-upon architecture
- Manages potential cross-solution or cross-organisational impacts of solution design and architecture
- Supports the Architecture Center of Excellence in building Architecture road maps
- Challenges business stakeholders on business requirements and processes
- Inspires and influences others regarding new ways of working by leveraging technology
- Has input for continuous improvement
- Liaises with other Architects across teams to ensure consistency across solutions and optimisation
- Drives IT consolidation and standardisation
- Ensures adherence to IT Architecture principles, standards, methods and tools
The main function domain in this role is the Finance area, so understanding how ERP systems work is a requirement. Insight into Financial processes (O2C, P2P, R2R) and rationalization in this scope is also a must. Knowledge of different payroll systems (mainly NAV and SAP) is very useful. In addition to this, the we expect you to have:
- Educational background in IT area
- 5+ years within a finance IT setting
- 2+ years working with IT architecture
- Functional experience working with the Agile principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical Literacy
- Team Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities
- Proficiency in English both verbal and written
You will be joining an organisation that has just undergone a transformation to an agile setup. We currently employ 8 IT Architects across different teams. You would be joining an area that has recently received a lot more attention and priority - and thus now needs a fantastic Architect to help enable business.
Are you interested?
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to upload your application and CV as soon as possible.
Application deadline: 09-12-2020.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact:
Name: Martin Bræmer Nielsen
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone no.: 41655900
We look forward to receiving your application.