Systems / Solution Architect
Would you like to have an impact on the entire life cycles of mission critical IT projects supporting green transition, sustainability and climate change adaption? Do you master technical project management, implementing successful solutions of high quality? And are you an efficient problem solver with a strategic mindset?
Join our Digitalisation and IT Department in Lyngby, Denmark
The department “Digitalisation and IT” is part of COWI's “Society and Utilities” division that accommodates 550+ engineering, environment and economics professionals offering consulting services related to digitalisation, green transition, sustainability and climate change adaptation.
Digitalisation and software development offer a unique value proposition to the division and our clients, combining specific IT skills with relevant COWI domain and business knowledge, and thus providing optimal technical and business solutions.
Our mission is to offer a one-stop shop for integrated IT and digitalisation solutions, handling geo, environment, construction, asset management, IoT and remote sensing domains. As a one-stop shop, we support the full application lifecycle, from business cases and enterprise, solution and system architecture to IT project management, software design and development, data management, maintenance, hosting and IT service management.
Examples of key clients are: Danish Regions, Danish Environmental Protection Agency, Danish Agency for Data Supply and Efficiency, Danish Met Office, Greenlandic Agency for Digitalisation, Bane NOR, Danish Road Directorate, Danish Ministry of Taxation, Copenhagen Metro, European Union Satellite Centre.
Design the future with a global team of experts
In the said position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with other experienced Solution Consultancy specialists covering several domains and toolsets. Your finest task in our team will be to create successful solutions of high quality and engagement, ensuring that our clients receive the business solutions envisioned. You will become part of a diverse team of specialists working on solutions and systems in various sizes and complexity. From pre-analysis identifying new IT solutions to major IT projects crucial for shaping the future of our society.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create sustainable solutions for our clients
- Maintain dialogue with our internal and external clients
- Do systems, infrastructure and software architecture
- Assist with business, technical and strategic solution and enterprise architecture
- Ensure the technical project management
- Analyse existing business processes and systems, engaging with the clients for optimised solutions
- Do technical pre-sales work
- Visit and work with clients at their premises.
Your skills. Our team. Together, we design the future
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with excellent social skills, feeling comfortable with working as a team player, who is attentive and has a structured work approach and interested in developing practical and successful solutions.
Furthermore, you have:
- More than five years of experience within enterprise, solution or systems architecture
- Experience with working in larger projects in complex business domains
- Experience with public clients
- Experience with one or more of following technologies: Sparx Enterprise Architect, Visual Studio, Azure Cloud services, ESRI ArcGIS Platform, Open Source GIS, Azure DevOps, JIRA
- Competencies for one or more of the following skillsets: PRINCE2, TOGAF, EA3, ITIL, Archimate, UML, BPMN, SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Danish and English.
Do you have any questions?
Please call Head of Section in Digitalisation and IT, Thor Jessen on tel. +45 5640 2026.
How to apply
Click on the link "Apply online" below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
Application deadline: 18 December 2020.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.