Senior Firmware Engineer
90% of the world’s waste is collected at the wrong time. At WasteHero we help cities and businesses reduce their CO2 emissions and collection costs by as much as 50% by monitoring the fill level in the bins and containers in real-time so we can dispatch collections at just the right time. We are a fast-growing and ambitious company with a solution touching customer in more than 30 countries!
Do you want to be part of an exciting journey together with a bunch of WasteHeroes on a mission to save the world from inefficient trash pickups? Then this is your opportunity!
Prototype, design, implement, test and deliver highly robust and efficient embedded firmware solutions for our current and future IoT devices. Create devices with lifetimes up to +10 years that use advanced sensors like time-of-flight lasers to reliably map the content of bins and containers. You will work closely together with our software and data science team, to craft new methods and solutions for advancements in connectivity, accuracy and efficiency.
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members to define solutions
- Estimate the scope of work required
- Develop internal testing and monitoring tools to enable us to be proactive and demonstrate value to our customers
- Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team
- Write clean, structured, robust, tested and, maintainable code
- Peer review your team member’s code
- Develop, maintain and document embedded software based on Arm Cortex M0+ MCUs
- Research new technologies and determine the feasibility
- Write and maintain tests as part of daily development
- Optimize existing software to be more intelligent and power-efficient
- Collaborate with the Cloud team
You are a curious, self-motivated and communicative person who is eager to learn and ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent experience is required
- 7+ years of proven excellence in embedded firmware preferred
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Highly motivated passionate and dedicated self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working in a team environment at a fast-paced, small company
- Analytical, detail-oriented and data-oriented with a passion for problem-solving.
- Experience writing systems utilizing standard bus interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB)
- Familiar with embedded RTOS
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills with the ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer
- Experience with Source Control Management tools (GIT)
- Proven ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product against aggressive timelines
- Prior experience with STM32, Quectel modems, low power, IoT, OTA updates, LoRaWAN, Cellular network (GSM, LTE-M, NB-IoT), GPS, time-of-flight sensors and BlueTooth
- Passionate about writing good, structured, documented, and tested code
- Experience with embedded C/C++ programming
- Experience with Real-Time-Clock (RTC)
- Experience with unit test tools for embedded development
- CI/CD setups and test-driven development
- Familiar with agile development methods
- Experience with embedded software architecture
About The Team
We are passionate product builders who love to create high-quality software platforms that cities and companies can use to avoid wasting resources emptying empty bins and avoid overflowing ones.
At WasteHero, we believe that technology has the power to make the waste collection more efficient and sustainable. Our mission is to empower our customers to become greener, cleaner, and smarter. The company encompasses a highly diverse team (10+ nationalities) of 25 skilled and lovely people working together in cross-functional teams ranging from sensor, cloud, sales and growth!
WasteHero is a fast-paced and dynamic company that is venture-backed from Silicon Valley investors! We are determined not to stop before we are the world-leading provider of the most sustainable and cost-efficient solution for modern waste management software.
We are offering:
- A competitive salary, and for the right candidate, equity/stock options
- You thrive in a relaxed but ambitious environment
- You enjoy being trusted to deliver, without micromanagement and like influencing what you do
- Being a part of a multinational and social team of dedicated colleagues sounds appealing to you
- Delicious lunch and great office space at a nice location in the heart of Aarhus
So, can you fulfil the requirements and see yourself thriving within a fast-paced company, then we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Send your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com. We aim to have the position occupied as soon as possible or latest by the first of February. There will be conducted interviews throughout the entire recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to reach out to the Co-Founder & Head of Technology, Khaled Saied on mobile: +45 30 22 42 51 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org