Software Developer for helping save lives
Do you want to use your software development skills to help save lives - and do you have a deep interest in building state-of-the-art software platforms from the ground up? Come join the digital learning Platform Development team at Laerdal Copenhagen.
Everything we do is about helping save more lives by providing world-class digital learning products for the healthcare industry. Our goal as a company is to help save one million lives every year by 2030. See one-million-lives.com.
We are investing heavily in our own digital learning platform for making best-in-class advanced virtual 3D medical simulations that run on any device: PC’s, tablets, AR/VR/MR - and even connect to our physical simulators, such as SimMan 3G®.
Our ambitions are straightforward: we want a platform that is second to none when it comes to configurability, extensibility, and scalability - so that we can spawn new digital learning products that hit the mark quickly and efficiently
On the markets where Laerdal operate, accessibility for disabled users is a key requirement. We have developed a first version of a unique system, the semantic system, that holds the semantics of our learning solutions, so accessibility codes (Aria codes) can be generated automatically. You will be responsible for this system as well as contributing in other areas.
The job entails:
- Designing and developing Laerdal’s eLearning Platform, with special focus on accessibility.
- Becoming the go-to expert on matters related to how to support demands for accessibility.
- Creating reusable components to extend the capabilities of the platform
Your responsibilities are to:
- create simple design solutions for complex problems
- have the responsibility for the semantic system
- extend core capabilities of the platform (e.g. support for multiple targets web, iOS, Android, VR, MR, AR and even the advanced physical simulators that Laerdal produce, such as SimMan 3G)
- refactor existing solution to accommodate new requirements
- extend, improve and maintain the platform code base following best practices
- participate in architecture, design and code discussions with colleagues
About you – you:
- have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science
- preferably have minimum 2 years of experience with system-, platform-, or engine development
- have an interest in and flair for software architecture
- have experience in at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. C#, C++, Java or other)
- might have some experience with accessibility, WCAG, VPAT and Aria. Or be willing to learn about it.
- might have some experience with or knowledge of the programming language Haxe
- might have knowledge about Unity (or other gaming engine)
- are familiar with agile development methods (Scrum / Kanban)
Personal qualities - you:
- are self-motivated and responsible for organizing your time
- have a great deal of drive, strong commitment and a good sense of humor
- are a team player
- like to work in a multi-disciplinary and cooperative environment.
- are service-minded towards the colleagues that need your help and expertise
- have good communication skills and proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- have EU work experience and a Danish work & resident permit.
Furthermore, you strive to be the best in your field, you wish to learn more, and are not afraid to explore new areas.
Laerdal is a global company with 1600 employees, all working for the mission of helping save lives. We have our corporate headquarter in Stavanger and development sites in Stavanger, Copenhagen, Washington DC, and Bangalore.
The Laerdal Copenhagen office is the global center for research and development of digital learning. See more about working in Laerdal Copenhagen.
Laerdal Medical offers a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company-sponsored social activities and perks.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Sven Nonboe +45 61612285 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the job sounds right to you, send us your application as soon as possible. We will evaluate the applications along the way.