IT SOX Compliance Officer
Are you structured by nature and do you thrive with responsibility? Can you see yourself work closely with critical IT project deliveries to ensure compliance? Then you might be the perfect fit for our new IT SOX Compliance Officer.
Danske Commodities – one of Europe’s leading energy trading companies
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 5750 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. Backed by an energy major, we are a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy company Equinor, operating under our own name and brand.
Internal control in DC – SOX
As our parent company Equinor is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, the entire group, including subsidiaries, must be SOX compliant.
SOX is an internal control structure that includes all relevant policies, procedures and operating principles in the company. It is short for the Sarbanes-Oxley act from 2002 – an act that institutionalises transparency in financial reporting for companies listed in the US and aims at increasing investor confidence in these companies.
As our new IT SOX Compliance Officer, you will be part of a small SOX team lead by our SOX Officer. Your focus will be to ensure SOX compliance for all the IT controls in DC. Overall, you will be part of our IT & Finance unit. Your new colleagues are dedicated and highly skilled specialists with a passion for maturing and automating our business and control processes.
Your way into the role as responsible for our IT SOX compliance setup
We imagine that you have experience as an internal or external auditor or as a consultant, who is now looking for a new career opportunity where you will have great responsibility and the opportunity to impact the direction of our internal SOX control setup including systems and processes. Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our SOX setup at DC, and you will then be onboarded in our SOX related systems and business processes. You will gradually take over the coordination of all SOX related activities from the stakeholders in our IT unit. The first milestone will be to get a complete overview of our current control setup. Within the first 3-6, months, the goal is that you are able to plan, execute and follow up on a quarterly test execution, including walk-though with external auditors.
"You will be the go-to person and a strong player in building up an efficient SOX setup at DC" - Rasmus Lundgaard Pedersen, Director, Head of IT, CIO
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- drive and coordinate ITGC (IT General Controls) related activities internally in DC as well as towards Equinor stakeholders and external auditors
- ensure timely delivery of control testing following yearly schedule
- coach and support IT with any aspect of SOX ITGC control creation, execution and testing
- ensure continuous alignment with Equinor’s control framework and external requirements
We expect that you:
- have a background from consultancy or auditing, working with IT compliance and/or controlling with a minimum of two years of experience. Alternatively, you have had a similar position within internal auditing
- have a strong business and IT acumen
- have strong communications skills both written and verbal
- are fluent in English both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are proactive, pragmatic and result focused – we work with tight deadlines and strive to foresee challenges
- take a structured approach to your daily work and operational policies and procedures – we work across the entire business and need to understand many interesting areas
- are able to work at a very detailed level and at the same time take a holistic approach on a complex domain
- have strong coordination and planning skills and thrive with having multiple projects and tasks running simultaneously
- have strong collaboration and communication skills – we work with a wide variety of stakeholders on all levels – both internally and externally
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
You're welcome to call or mail to get in contact with
Rasmus Lundgaard Pedersen
T: +45 2441 3846
Application deadline: 14/01